Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Question on Buffer tubes?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rg_1111@yahoo.com
    Calguns Addict
    • Feb 2003
    • 5752

    Question on Buffer tubes?

    Why does some buffer tubes have more threads. Some are short some are longer.
    I hope i didn;t get an Airsoft tube.

    The short threads just make it to the buffer stop.
  • #2
    ar15barrels
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2006
    • 57175

    Are you comparing a carbine buffer tube that uses a nut with an A2 or entry stock buffer tube?
    If so, it's because the castle nut locks against the endplate after the endplate keys into the reciever.
    That's how you keep a carbine buffer stock from spinning in the reciever.

    Randall Rausch

    AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
    Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
    Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
    Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
    Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

    Comment

    • #3
      mds2004
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2006
      • 972

      Originally posted by rg_1111@yahoo.com
      Why does some buffer tubes have more threads. Some are short some are longer.
      I hope i didn;t get an Airsoft tube.

      The short threads just make it to the buffer stop.
      Ive noticed the same with various buffer tubes too including Bushmaster, BCM, Doublestar, etc. You are fine.

      Comment

      • #4
        rg_1111@yahoo.com
        Calguns Addict
        • Feb 2003
        • 5752

        I talking about the threads, In AR-15 pictures. Picture number 3 has short threads. Thanks for posting the picture AR-15. I muct have a entry tube.

        Comment

        • #5
          ar15barrels
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2006
          • 57175

          Originally posted by rg_1111@yahoo.com
          I talking about the threads, In AR-15 pictures. Picture number 3 has short threads. Thanks for posting the picture AR-15. I muct have a entry tube.
          Entry tubes are used for pistols without stocks, RRA entry stocks, Ace lightweight fixed stocks and UBR's.

          If you want to use a collapsible stock, you need a regular carbine buffer tube with the endplate and castle nut.
          Randall Rausch

          AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
          Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
          Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
          Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
          Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1