I have a 1911 that I want to refinish in matte black/blued and would like some DIY advice/guidance. I want to use a product that will give me the color I want, but will be a durable protective coating as well, resistant to scratching, peeling and flaking. Someone mentioned a product that you paint on and then bake to bond the coating with the metal. Anyway, I want a product that is as close to factory durable as DIY can get, something that isn't going to start coming off from normal wear and tear, or wash off if wet. Suggestions?? Any suggestions on techniques to apply the paint/coating are welcome as well. Also, will I need to strip off the old paint and/or use a primer? Suggestions on what primer to use (if applicable) are needed as well.
Edit: The frame, which is what I want to refinish, is forged steel.
Edit: The frame, which is what I want to refinish, is forged steel.

Comment