Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

my bullets is greasy

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • slamfire
    Member
    • Jan 2006
    • 125

    my bullets is greasy

    `12
    Last edited by slamfire; 09-19-2011, 7:36 PM.
  • #2
    CaptMike
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2006
    • 1272

    I have a 10 year old p14, so I dont know if they changed the slide since I purchased my pistol. But my slide is a standard government model slide and disassembles the same way as any other 1911 extractor. after i have removed the rear firing pin retaining plate, just simply pull out the extractor. the first time I did it, it was very tight so it took a little work. I took a small screwdriver and put the flat head into the firing pin retaining plate slot and then used the back of the slide to put some pulling leverage on the rear of the firing pin. make sure you place some type of plastic over the metal part of the slide so that you wont damage the finish on the rear of the slide. if that doesnt work then use a wood dowel to tap the front end of the extractor so it gets pushed out of the slide. I dont like doing that because I am worried about possibly bending the extractor and causing extraction problems. I always prefer to pull it out from the rear of the slide. hopefully you can understand what I am trying to explain and I havent confused you more. good luck.
    A life is not important, except for the impact it has on other lives- Jackie Robinson

    Comment

    • #3
      WeRmany
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 25

      The extractor has to come back a little bit to drop the plunger out the bottom of the slide.

      The extractor then comes out the rest of the way.

      It's standard Series 80 stuff, the rear sight does not have to come off.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1