Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What size punch do I need to remove AR trigger guard?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • xxG3xx
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2007
    • 1352

    What size punch do I need to remove AR trigger guard?

    What size punch do I need to remove AR trigger guard? And where can I get it.

    thanks
  • #2
    JagerTroop
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2007
    • 3922

    You can get a whole set from Sears that will cost about 20 bucks. It will have the size you need. I don't have one in front of me to measure, but it'll be about 1/16" or 3/32"

    Craftsman
    -A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.*
    *participation may vary by location. Not valid in California.

    Originally posted by ar15barrels
    And yes, this IS gun school.
    Welcome to class.
    Originally posted by bdsmchs
    There is life outside of Calguns
    Originally posted by IrishPirate
    stop looking to the internet to tell you everything you should do.....sack up and just do what you want!!!!!

    Comment

    • #3
      CHS
      Moderator Emeritus
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Jan 2008
      • 11338

      1/8"

      I install/remove them every day
      Please read the Calguns Wiki
      Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
      --Cesare, Marquis of Beccaria, "On Crimes and Punishment"

      Comment

      • #4
        ar15barrels
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2006
        • 57175

        Make sure you support the receiver so you don't do this:

        Randall Rausch

        AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
        Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
        Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
        Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
        Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

        Comment

        • #5
          CHS
          Moderator Emeritus
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Jan 2008
          • 11338

          Originally posted by ar15barrels
          Make sure you support the receiver so you don't do this:
          It'll buff out

          Alumablack and a MIAD fixes that issue! hehe.


          I have proudly never broken a trigger guard ear off before. yay!
          Please read the Calguns Wiki
          Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
          --Cesare, Marquis of Beccaria, "On Crimes and Punishment"

          Comment

          • #6
            JagerTroop
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2007
            • 3922

            Originally posted by bdsmchs
            1/8"

            I install/remove them every day
            Whoopsie I didn't realize they were that big. I almost never deal with them. You gotta love the MIAD and if I do put them in, it's for an enhanced TG, so I sure as hell don't take them out.
            -A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.*
            *participation may vary by location. Not valid in California.

            Originally posted by ar15barrels
            And yes, this IS gun school.
            Welcome to class.
            Originally posted by bdsmchs
            There is life outside of Calguns
            Originally posted by IrishPirate
            stop looking to the internet to tell you everything you should do.....sack up and just do what you want!!!!!

            Comment

            • #7
              xxG3xx
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2007
              • 1352

              what should I support the lower with so that doesn't happen?

              Comment

              • #8
                CHS
                Moderator Emeritus
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Jan 2008
                • 11338

                Originally posted by xxG3xx
                what should I support the lower with so that doesn't happen?
                Block of wood is perfect. Leaves no marks on the lower.
                Please read the Calguns Wiki
                Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
                --Cesare, Marquis of Beccaria, "On Crimes and Punishment"

                Comment

                • #9
                  ar15barrels
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 57175

                  Originally posted by xxG3xx
                  what should I support the lower with so that doesn't happen?
                  Plastic bench block or a block of wood with a hole drilled in it so that the pin drives out into the hole.
                  Randall Rausch

                  AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                  Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                  Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                  Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                  Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    xxG3xx
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2007
                    • 1352

                    cool

                    thanks guys

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1