Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How do I get the paint off?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MedicDrew
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 40

    How do I get the paint off?

    My friend has a Stag AR and want to sell it to me, it is what I am looking for but I am not to keen to the home made desert camo look unless I can remove it. I am pretty sure that it is just store bought spray paint. I was wondering what would be the appropriate cleaner to take off the paint with out harming the gun if any? thanks
  • #2
    wildcard
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2006
    • 4924

    Originally posted by MedicDrew
    My friend has a Stag AR and want to sell it to me, it is what I am looking for but I am not to keen to the home made desert camo look unless I can remove it. I am pretty sure that it is just store bought spray paint. I was wondering what would be the appropriate cleaner to take off the paint with out harming the gun if any? thanks
    Brake Cleaner.

    Comment

    • #3
      fusionstar
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2007
      • 2332

      You may find that some gun cleaners will strip it off easily. Brake cleaners work, as well as paint strippers. But those are really harse. The gun cleaners were ment to clean guns

      if its Krylon... Remington Brite Bore will eat it in a minute. It comes in an aerosol can which can be sprayed and wiped off
      If you seek peace, prepare for war

      Comment

      • #4
        uxo2
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 4003

        remove all plastics and use any quality paint remover.......
        Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
        Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
        One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
        George Patton

        Comment

        • #5
          MedicDrew
          Junior Member
          • Aug 2009
          • 40

          I guess I am gona have to buy it and give it a go...... Thanks for all the input

          Comment

          • #6
            bohoki
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2006
            • 20826

            i discovered accidentally that deep woods off removes spraypaint pretty good and it keeps the mosquitos away while you are doing it

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1