Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Franklin armory CA7 buffer tube removal.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • realinfishes
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2016
    • 57

    Franklin armory CA7 buffer tube removal.

    Attached Files
  • #2
    jdewolf
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 1846

    I'd try a strap wrench. If that doesn't work maybe try applying a little bit of heat with a dryer or heat gun.
    Need Pest Control? Message me!

    "Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know." - Hemingway

    Comment

    • #3
      mrbigsteel
      Member
      • Feb 2014
      • 224

      I would try clamping the tube in a vise with some softwood blocks to keep the jaws from marring it. You have to be very careful about how tight you clamp it, so as to not deform the tube.

      Then you can grasp the lower to try and spin it free.

      I've never needed to do this, so proceed at your own risk. Just throwing out an idea.
      Join: Diablo Rod & Gun Club - Reloading Group | CRPA

      Comment

      • #4
        realinfishes
        Junior Member
        • Dec 2016
        • 57

        Originally posted by jdewolf
        I'd try a strap wrench. If that doesn't work maybe try applying a little bit of heat with a dryer or heat gun.
        ****in genius it worked thanks mate

        Comment

        • #5
          franklinarmory
          Vendor/Retailer
          • Nov 2009
          • 1892

          Next time, a little heat from a heat gun will loosen up the loctite. We sometimes get slammed for not staking the castle but, but this is why we don't bother.
          sigpic
          www.franklinarmory.com
          info@franklinarmory.com
          ONLINE STORE: http://franklinarmory.com
          Franklin Armory - Manufacturer of Quality, California Legal AR's, the F17 Series rimfire rifles in 17 WSM, the Drop-in Fixed Magazine (DFM), and the CA7, CA11, and CA12 Rostered AR Pistols!

          Comment

          • #6
            jdewolf
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2009
            • 1846

            Originally posted by realinfishes
            ****in genius it worked thanks mate
            Glad it worked out. Nothing like starting a project and hitting a snag.
            Need Pest Control? Message me!

            "Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know." - Hemingway

            Comment

            • #7
              TommyGun87
              Junior Member
              • Jan 2017
              • 17

              Comment

              • #8
                ar15barrels
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jan 2006
                • 57182

                Originally posted by TommyGun87
                Im trying to get mine off with no luck.
                Tried heating it up really hot and then using a strap wrench with no luck.
                Any other ideas?
                Heat the reciever, NOT the tube.
                Keep the tube cool with a wet rag or wet paper towels.
                You need to expand the receiver to make the tube come out.

                If you heat the tube and not the receiver, you are actually expanding the TUBE which helps to lock it into the reciever.
                Randall Rausch

                AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Ricekidd
                  Junior Member
                  • May 2020
                  • 6

                  I need to take mine off also but limited to tools.

                  Can I pay some one to take it off for me or can someone recommend a gunsmith in the bay area that can?

                  Thanks!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Ricekidd
                    Junior Member
                    • May 2020
                    • 6

                    Is the original spring and buffer compatible with a carbine buffer tube?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1