Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bolt Carrier Group recommendation

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sig357
    Senior Member
    • May 2007
    • 2092

    Bolt Carrier Group recommendation

    What brand BCG's would you recommend for a Noveske Recon 16" barrel?

    Should I get full or semi auto BCG?

    And I should use a H buffer with a full auto BCG, correct?


    Thanks for the help
    Last edited by Sig357; 05-04-2009, 10:17 PM.
  • #2
    CRTguns
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • 2627

    define BCG please...

    Comment

    • #3
      Sig357
      Senior Member
      • May 2007
      • 2092

      Bolt Carrier Group.. I am thinking of going with LMT. Are LMT both MPI and HPT?
      Last edited by Sig357; 05-04-2009, 10:06 PM.

      Comment

      • #4
        Guntech
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2008
        • 1722

        F/A S/A?
        " I think the National Rifle Association is more feared than any of those associations,"
        -Bob Schieffer, CBS News chief Washington correspondent


        Comment

        • #5
          Sig357
          Senior Member
          • May 2007
          • 2092

          Originally posted by Guntech
          By F/A you mean Fully-Auto and by S/A you mean Semi-Auto?
          Yes. Sorry for all the abbreviations.

          Comment

          • #6
            armygunsmith
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2008
            • 2087

            Get a full auto bolt carrier group if available. The extra mass helps.
            SECRET//NOFORN
            "Sometimes it's easier to do it the hard way."
            Sgt. E <--(That's me)

            Comment

            • #7
              Sig357
              Senior Member
              • May 2007
              • 2092

              Originally posted by armygunsmith
              Get a full auto bolt carrier group if available. The extra mass helps.

              Should I use the full auto bolt carrier group with an H butter?

              Comment

              • #8
                armygunsmith
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2008
                • 2087

                Start with a stock buffer, then if you feel you need more mass you can move up.
                SECRET//NOFORN
                "Sometimes it's easier to do it the hard way."
                Sgt. E <--(That's me)

                Comment

                • #9
                  Jicko
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Dec 2005
                  • 8774

                  A Noveske.
                  - LL
                  NRA Certified Firearm Instructor
                  sigpic

                  New to Calguns, check here first:
                  http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56818

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Sig357
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2007
                    • 2092

                    Originally posted by Jicko
                    A Noveske.
                    Jicko, do you have one you want to sell me.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Sig357
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2007
                      • 2092

                      I called Noveske to see if they had any Bolt Carrier Groups for sale, they told me they did not. I asked what BCG they would recommend. She told me that they use Stag BCG's that are MP tested.

                      Anyone know if this is true? Not saying that Stag is bad, it was just an unexpected response.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        weezil_boi
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 1305

                        Originally posted by armygunsmith
                        Get a full auto bolt carrier group if available. The extra mass helps.
                        Just dont pass through Washington state with it

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Tony.
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2006
                          • 742

                          Originally posted by Sig357
                          I called Noveske to see if they had any Bolt Carrier Groups for sale, they told me they did not. I asked what BCG they would recommend. She told me that they use Stag BCG's that are MP tested.

                          Anyone know if this is true? Not saying that Stag is bad, it was just an unexpected response.
                          You just got the answer straight from the source.... and you are asking CGN to confirm????

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            donger
                            Senior Member
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 1560

                            Originally posted by Sig357
                            I called Noveske to see if they had any Bolt Carrier Groups for sale, they told me they did not. I asked what BCG they would recommend. She told me that they use Stag BCG's that are MP tested.

                            Anyone know if this is true? Not saying that Stag is bad, it was just an unexpected response.
                            Yes they also use CMT uppers on their basic upper builds. CMT is a mil-spec provider. If the BCG is shot peened and MPI I wouldn't worry. My Noveske provided BCG is properly staked and MPI'ed.
                            Certified Ragaholic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Jicko
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Dec 2005
                              • 8774

                              It is pretty much a known fact that Noveske uses a lot of parts from CMT(ie. Stag). But the parts are built to Noveske's spec.

                              The last Stag BCG I handled, the gas key isn't staked and the bolt isn't MPI....



                              Originally posted by Sig357
                              Jicko, do you have one you want to sell me.
                              I do have one personally, but unfortunately, I wasn't thinking about selling it.



                              So, if i have to pick between CMT or LMT.... I would go with LMT... and if you "have to" get an CMT, get the MPI version....
                              Last edited by Jicko; 05-05-2009, 8:46 PM.
                              - LL
                              NRA Certified Firearm Instructor
                              sigpic

                              New to Calguns, check here first:
                              http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56818

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1