Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bore scope for a pistol?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • AntiSoCal
    Member
    • Nov 2013
    • 124

    Bore scope for a pistol?

    Maybe dumb question, but are borescopes like "EndoSnake" useful for semi-auto pistol barrels?, or not even worth it? Any better than just holding the barrel up to a light source? If I got one like the Lyman BoreCam for my long guns, is that useful for pistol barrels as well? I don't see why not, but just want to make sure I'm not overlooking any issue. Thanks.
    Last edited by AntiSoCal; 09-10-2019, 9:01 PM.
  • #2
    kcstott
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2011
    • 11796

    with maximum accuracy level of a semiauto pistol being in the 1.5" at 25 yards. Why would you care?? there is far more contributing to the inaccuracy of a pistol than the condition of the barrel.

    Comment

    • #3
      smoothy8500
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 3846

      Comment

      • #4
        divingin
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2015
        • 2522

        Kind of depends on what you're looking for.

        In general unless you have a 90 degree mirror on the endoscope (a few have them, but not most, as far as I've seen), you're not going to get a lot of detail. Enough to tell if your cleaning regimen is working, perhaps, but not a lot more than that.

        A true borescope (or an endoscope with a 90 degree mirror) will make it possible to see flaws in the rifling, throat/rifling erosion, etc. The bad thing is that you usually can't do anything about those short of replacing the barrel.

        Comment

        • #5
          kcstott
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Nov 2011
          • 11796

          Originally posted by smoothy8500
          You said you deleted that!

          Comment

          • #6
            AntiSoCal
            Member
            • Nov 2013
            • 124

            Yeah I guess it was a dumb question. Bore scope useful for long guns but not necessary for a pistol. Convinced not to waste money on an EndoSnake. Anyway, would be nice to include a pic of a pistol bore when posting for sale here on CG. Its impossible with just a cell phone camera.

            Comment

            • #7
              smoothy8500
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 3846

              [QUOTE=AntiSoCal;23401994] Anyway, would be nice to include a pic of a pistol bore when posting for sale here on CG.

              Meh, it would just result in more questions...how many rounds, how did you clean, can you get closer to (choose one-or all) the crown, chamber, left side, etc

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1