Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Remington 870 Help!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FirstSig2022
    Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 225

    Remington 870 Help!

    USCCA Member
    FPC Member
    CRPA Life Member
    Glock 19 3rd Gen
    Smith & Wesson M&P15T
    Remington 870 Express Super Magnum
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    Ruger PC9 Takedown
  • #2
    ronrichards64
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 790

    I don't know if this helps but I keep a extra trigger in my safe . Sometimes new take offs are about 40$ online, the builders take them out of the express and build a tactical gun with a different trigger .

    Comment

    • #3
      FirstSig2022
      Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 225

      Originally posted by ronrichards64
      I don't know if this helps but I keep a extra trigger in my safe . Sometimes new take offs are about 40$ online, the builders take them out of the express and build a tactical gun with a different trigger .
      Thank you, my only thought is if the trigger works flawlessly till the barrel is installed than it may not be the trigger.
      USCCA Member
      FPC Member
      CRPA Life Member
      Glock 19 3rd Gen
      Smith & Wesson M&P15T
      Remington 870 Express Super Magnum
      Ruger 10/22 Takedown
      Ruger PC9 Takedown

      Comment

      • #4
        'ol shooter
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2011
        • 4646

        I don't know how hard you slammed it on the deck to clear it, but I would remove the forearm and check the action bars to see if they got bent. If the action bars don't lock the bolt up, the trigger will stay in dis-connect.
        sigpic
        Bob B.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")

        Comment

        • #5
          FirstSig2022
          Member
          • Jan 2013
          • 225

          Originally posted by 'ol shooter
          I don't know how hard you slammed it on the deck to clear it, but I would remove the forearm and check the action bars to see if they got bent. If the action bars don't lock the bolt up, the trigger will stay in dis-connect.
          Thank you! I will take a look.
          USCCA Member
          FPC Member
          CRPA Life Member
          Glock 19 3rd Gen
          Smith & Wesson M&P15T
          Remington 870 Express Super Magnum
          Ruger 10/22 Takedown
          Ruger PC9 Takedown

          Comment

          • #6
            FirstSig2022
            Member
            • Jan 2013
            • 225

            Update! Thank you all that offered help. I finally got around to it and replaced the forend tube assembly. Now my shotgun is fixed!
            USCCA Member
            FPC Member
            CRPA Life Member
            Glock 19 3rd Gen
            Smith & Wesson M&P15T
            Remington 870 Express Super Magnum
            Ruger 10/22 Takedown
            Ruger PC9 Takedown

            Comment

            • #7
              Kyle1886
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2009
              • 4290

              Glad you have her working again.

              I only had an 870 for a short time so I know very little about them. What made you suspect the tube assembly was the issue?

              Thanks for any insight.

              Respectfully
              Kyle
              Here's to Calguns.net, past, present, and the future 🍸🍸​🍷🍻 🍹
              iTrader = +3, %100, Location: N. San Diego Co
              https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...6#post54001874
              _________+__________

              Comment

              • #8
                FirstSig2022
                Member
                • Jan 2013
                • 225

                Originally posted by Kyle1886
                Glad you have her working again.

                I only had an 870 for a short time so I know very little about them. What made you suspect the tube assembly was the issue?

                Thanks for any insight.

                Respectfully
                Kyle
                The help I received from the previous post from the other members that replied.
                USCCA Member
                FPC Member
                CRPA Life Member
                Glock 19 3rd Gen
                Smith & Wesson M&P15T
                Remington 870 Express Super Magnum
                Ruger 10/22 Takedown
                Ruger PC9 Takedown

                Comment

                • #9
                  Kyle1886
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 4290

                  Originally posted by FirstSig2022
                  The help I received from the previous post from the other members that replied.
                  Thank you. I had assumed that but I've assumed things incorrectly before.

                  Respectfully
                  Kyle
                  Here's to Calguns.net, past, present, and the future 🍸🍸​🍷🍻 🍹
                  iTrader = +3, %100, Location: N. San Diego Co
                  https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...6#post54001874
                  _________+__________

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    wpage
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jan 2011
                    • 6072

                    The 870 is a great platform. Stay with it.
                    God so loved the world He gave His only Son... Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
                    John 3:16

                    NRA,,, Lifer

                    United Air Epic Fail Video ...

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1