Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1911 problem. Update on posts #21 and 33.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    phil conrad
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2005
    • 1116

    Here are some after photos
    Last edited by phil conrad; 11-24-2018, 3:28 PM.

    Comment

    • #17
      SkyHawk
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Sep 2012
      • 23531

      Looks better already. Someone had a lot of work done to that pistol. Front slide serrations, sights, along with everything else already mentioned. What does the VIS look like, and the upper lugs? Maybe $950 wasn’t bad if it isn’t shot out.
      Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

      Comment

      • #18
        Pardini
        Senior Member
        • May 2014
        • 1204

        Accu rails were the hot mod for a few years. People were paying good money for them. Knew lots of people that had it done. The improvement in the slide/frame fit was impressive. It was a fad of sorts that as I remember it, lasted a few years. There were a few stories here and there of binding problems. I suspect mostly from guys that thought it was a good idea to remove and clean under them. One friend had one get loose and bind. He sent it back and had no further issues.

        I don't think they are horrible, but I would generally avoid them due to the fact it's a proprietary system. I'd certainly be unhappy to be surprised by it upon receiving the gun. It's something that the seller should disclose upfront or at least provide evidence of in a good picture.
        Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
        Excellent! I am thinking about it as well and I only have 4 points and an unfortunate "match bump" up to expert classification where I am far less "competitive" with my peers there.

        Comment

        • #19
          ojisan
          Agent 86
          CGN Contributor
          • Apr 2008
          • 11781

          IIRC, the wires were available in different diameters so as wear occurred the wires could be replaced to take up any slack.

          Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
          I don't really care, I just like to argue.

          Comment

          • #20
            oddjob
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2003
            • 2399

            Doug Jones of Accurail is still around doing work. He fit my 9mm barrel onto a 2011 frame when I shot out the barrel. He does amazing work!

            Comment

            • #21
              phil conrad
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2005
              • 1116

              I have now shot the pistol a few times. I am very happy with how it shoots. I was hoping to replace the beavertail with one in blue. Does any one recognize who made this one ? Thanks for everyone's help.
              Last edited by phil conrad; 10-24-2020, 6:11 PM.

              Comment

              • #22
              • #23
                phil conrad
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2005
                • 1116

                Let me look at this another way. Is there anyone in Socal that will blue a single piece ?

                Comment

                • #24
                  CifaldiPrecision
                  Vendor/Retailer
                  • Aug 2012
                  • 1806

                  Originally posted by phil conrad
                  Let me look at this another way. Is there anyone in Socal that will blue a single piece ?
                  Brett Cifaldi
                  Specializing in 1911s
                  Cifaldi Precision

                  Comment

                  • #25
                    phil conrad
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2005
                    • 1116

                    .I think you are right.

                    Comment

                    • #26
                      ar15barrels
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jan 2006
                      • 57175

                      Originally posted by phil conrad
                      .I think you are right.
                      The test is to hit it with cold blue.
                      If it's stainless, the cold blue won't take.
                      If it's iron based steel, the cold blue would take.

                      From your picture, it sure looks stainless to me.
                      Randall Rausch

                      AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                      Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                      Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                      Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                      Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                      Comment

                      • #27
                        saki302
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 7191

                        It's an Ed Brown beavertail.

                        Keep in mind they were sometimes fitted and blended with the gun- a new one may stick out a little.

                        Grab one from Brownells- you can return it easily if it doesn't work.

                        Comment

                        • #28
                          thetruecheese
                          Member
                          • Aug 2013
                          • 373

                          Looks okay i wouldnt be unhappy just hope it wasnt a premium

                          Comment

                          • #29
                            tomrkba
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2016
                            • 1513

                            WHY ARE YOU MESSING WITH THE GUN?

                            Go shoot another 1,000 rounds to see what it does. Then consider changes beyond the recoil spring.
                            Biden's
                            Laptop
                            Matters

                            Read the Kelly Turnbull novels to see where California is and will go: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=kelly+tur..._2_15_ts-doa-p

                            Comment

                            • #30
                              phil conrad
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2005
                              • 1116

                              Originally posted by tomrkba
                              WHY ARE YOU MESSING WITH THE GUN?

                              Go shoot another 1,000 rounds to see what it does. Then consider changes beyond the recoil spring.
                              Why are you yelling at me ?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1