Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How to Make Dummy Rounds

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • thehobbygunsmith
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2017
    • 76

    How to Make Dummy Rounds

    Hey guys so i just uploaded a new video on my channel on how to make some Dummy Rounds at home as a weekend project or just for fun. these are great for Dry fire training and for running pistol malfunction training drills. I hope you guys like the video.

  • #2
    billped
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 2504

    Nice video.
    Bill

    Comment

    • #3
      thehobbygunsmith
      Junior Member
      • Dec 2017
      • 76

      Originally posted by billped
      Nice video.
      Thank You Brother.

      Comment

      • #4
        Canucky
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2007
        • 4265

        Txs OP. Your accent Cajun?

        Comment

        • #5
          thehobbygunsmith
          Junior Member
          • Dec 2017
          • 76

          Originally posted by Canucky
          Txs OP. Your accent Cajun?
          Thank You, No my Parents are Cuban. I was born and raised in Florida.
          Last edited by thehobbygunsmith; 09-28-2018, 11:19 AM.

          Comment

          • #6
            Canucky
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2007
            • 4265

            Originally posted by thehobbygunsmith
            Thank You, Know my Parents are Cuban. I was born and raised in Florida.
            Good enough for me. Be well.

            Comment

            • #7
              drmjf
              • Jul 2011
              • 205

              Nice video. I have done dummies the same way, but you should use a glue or pin the bullet to keep it from coming loose. I use red locktite to keep the bullets from loosing up.

              Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
              sigpic
              Michael J Fernandes owner
              Gecko Guns Gunsmith "Repairs done Right"
              510-914-6396
              Ham radio operator KI6SDO
              NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle and PPOH
              [/url]www.GeckoGuns.com[/url]
              Pinole, CA 94564
              "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" Ronald Regan

              Comment

              • #8
                mtenenhaus
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2007
                • 3416

                It's really nice watching your series evolve.

                I like to fill the case with hot glue, it gives the cartridge a little bit of heft and perhaps keeps the projectile from displacing rearward. You might consider that?

                I've often employed used cases so that i don't have to worry about the primer, i clean the case as i would for reloading.

                I would certainly advocate eye protection, and i always drill using a vise just to be extra safe and stable.....not just for liability issues.

                Comment

                • #9
                  thehobbygunsmith
                  Junior Member
                  • Dec 2017
                  • 76

                  Originally posted by drmjf
                  Nice video. I have done dummies the same way, but you should use a glue or pin the bullet to keep it from coming loose. I use red locktite to keep the bullets from loosing up.

                  Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                  Thank you. I was actually thinking about using red or green loctite just to make sure the round would not get seated deeper over time from use. Thank you for the info though.

                  Originally posted by mtenenhaus
                  It's really nice watching your series evolve.

                  I like to fill the case with hot glue, it gives the cartridge a little bit of heft and perhaps keeps the projectile from displacing rearward. You might consider that?

                  I've often employed used cases so that i don't have to worry about the primer, i clean the case as i would for reloading.

                  I would certainly advocate eye protection, and i always drill using a vise just to be extra safe and stable.....not just for liability issues.
                  I like the hot glue idea makes sense. Thank You.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    mjmagee67
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2011
                    • 2771

                    Just find someone that reloads...have them make you a few dummys with out primers. Use hot glue in the primer pocket if you like. I spray mine with bright orange spray paint. Yes thr paint gets meassed up but it has held up well.
                    If you want change you have to put in your 2 cents, you can't just sit on the sidelines and whine.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Tom-ADC
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 3614

                      We did this forty years ago. Used to use either a nylon rod fill in the primer pocket or pencil erasers in place of the primer drilled the holes looked almost like a loaded round. I still have a few left.
                      Last edited by Tom-ADC; 10-06-2018, 7:46 PM.
                      US Navy Retired, NRA Lifetime member. Member CRPA

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1