Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

sig 1911 sight removal

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • montereydave
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2017
    • 31

    sig 1911 sight removal

    Hi all, I want to put a burris fastfire 3 on my 1911. Can someone tell me what I need to buy for the back plate and do I want the one without any mount?
  • #2
    CifaldiPrecision
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Aug 2012
    • 1806

    The right way would be to have the slide properly milled for the fastfire. But yes there are dovetail mounts.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brett Cifaldi
    Specializing in 1911s
    Cifaldi Precision

    Comment

    • #3
      vlady
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2013
      • 719

      Originally posted by CifaldiPrecision
      The right way would be to have the slide properly milled for the fastfire. But yes there are dovetail mounts.
      This. I tried the bomar adapter plate from Burris and it lasted all of 300 rounds before one of the screws came out. I used blue loctite on both screws too. There is also significant overhang and doesn't look great. Even if you mill the slide, the fastfire will always hang off the slide. There was a slide made that was milled with a bevel where the sight would blend into the slide. Hasn't been made for a while now though
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        montereydave
        Junior Member
        • Apr 2017
        • 31

        So the 1911 isn't a good candidate for s red dot?

        Comment

        • #5
          CifaldiPrecision
          Vendor/Retailer
          • Aug 2012
          • 1806

          Originally posted by montereydave
          So the 1911 isn't a good candidate for s red dot?


          It is a good candidate. But do it right by machining the slide. Just like you would on a glock, M&P, Sig 320 etc.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Brett Cifaldi
          Specializing in 1911s
          Cifaldi Precision

          Comment

          • #6
            montereydave
            Junior Member
            • Apr 2017
            • 31

            Hi guys. I know the rear sight has a set screw. I see a pin of some sort in the front sight. Is that something that needs to be removed before the sight can be removed?

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1