Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest build finished

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pklin1297
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2006
    • 3287

    Latest build finished

    Here's the latest build all finished.

    Apologies for the pics... I really need some professional guidance on shooting in a photo tent with white background... Somehow the background always turns blue...

    Two-toned 1911 Commander 9 mm.
















    Last edited by pklin1297; 02-01-2017, 9:14 PM.
    NRA Member, CAPRC Member
  • #2
    pklin1297
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2006
    • 3287

    I also decided to shoot some newer pictures of my first build so I thought I'd share them here also. Cerakoted 1911 Government 9 mm.









    NRA Member, CAPRC Member

    Comment

    • #3
      ProtectThe2nd
      In Memoriam
      • Mar 2016
      • 1225

      Wow...nice
      sigpic
      ESCAPE IF YOU CAN


      A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

      "The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding." - The United States Supreme Court -

      Comment

      • #4
        someoneeasy
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2011
        • 2372

        Your white background shows up blue because of a white balance issue, especially when using AWB (auto white balance)

        Comment

        • #5
          someoneeasy
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2011
          • 2372

          nice build by the way

          Comment

          • #6
            pklin1297
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2006
            • 3287

            Thanks someoneeasy, I had turned my white balance to Indoor florescence, but I guess I need to play with the setting a bit more.
            NRA Member, CAPRC Member

            Comment

            • #7
              mtenenhaus
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2007
              • 3416

              those look so professional...custom. congratulations

              Comment

              • #8
                pklin1297
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 2006
                • 3287

                Originally posted by mtenenhaus
                those look so professional...custom. congratulations

                Appreciate it very much!
                NRA Member, CAPRC Member

                Comment

                • #9
                  pklin1297
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 2006
                  • 3287

                  Few more pics... Let's try the vintage look:








                  NRA Member, CAPRC Member

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ar15barrels
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 57179

                    Originally posted by pklin1297
                    Apologies for the pics... I really need some professional guidance on shooting in a photo tent with white background... Somehow the background always turns blue...
                    White balance is likely not set correctly.
                    Next thing to watch for is mixing light sources.
                    ALL your lighting needs to be of the same color temperature.
                    Do not mix natural light with artificial light or different types of artificial light.
                    When you setup the lighting correctly, you will be in a dark room and then have all one type of lights that you are using.
                    Randall Rausch

                    AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                    Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                    Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                    Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                    Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      pklin1297
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2006
                      • 3287

                      Thanks Randall, the tent is set up in the room with the same lighting and bulb, and diffused. I had originally set the white balance on the DSLR to Fluorescent but it came out blue, then I set it in Daylight and it was a little better but now it's a bit yellow. Didn't seem to have this much problem when I was using a blue background... I need to learn how to use a white card to calibrate balance setting.
                      NRA Member, CAPRC Member

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        ar15barrels
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 57179

                        Originally posted by pklin1297
                        Thanks Randall, the tent is set up in the room with the same lighting and bulb, and diffused. I had originally set the white balance on the DSLR to Fluorescent but it came out blue, then I set it in Daylight and it was a little better but now it's a bit yellow. Didn't seem to have this much problem when I was using a blue background... I need to learn how to use a white card to calibrate balance setting.
                        Get a calibrated chart and shoot it in your lighting conditions.
                        Then go into your post process software and make/save adjustments to correct both white and black balance.
                        Then batch process your photos with the same balance settings.
                        Randall Rausch

                        AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                        Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                        Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                        Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                        Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          nagzul
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 665

                          Awesome!! I wanted to follow the link to see what kind of finish the frame is, but it took me to a .Gov site.

                          What finish if the frame? And might want to insert the correct link.
                          A day may come when the will of man fails, but it is not this day.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Whiskey_Tango
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2014
                            • 1588

                            I'm jelly. Great job!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              etwinam
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 2016
                              • 3223

                              Nice, I wouldn't mind one of those.
                              God, Guns & Integrity. Prioritize your Priorities.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1