Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

3" 1911 recoil guide

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pklin1297
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2006
    • 3287

    3" 1911 recoil guide

    A while back I was asking about recoil guide rod assembly for a 3" 1911 (basically Colt Defender size) in 9 mm, and received some great suggestions to use either the Springfield EMP 9 mm assembly, or the Kimber equivalent assembly, which both utilize the two-spring configuration:





    Well late last year I saw on EGW's website that they have a recoil guide assembly for the Colt Defender, but they were out of stock for at least six months. This week they finally came back in stock so I grabbed one. They didn't have any pictures on site so I thought I would snap a few and show it here, in case anyone else was also searching for this, except in a single-spring configuration:













    It came with a 16-lb. spring which I guess could work for 9 mm, but I won't know until I build it. Somehow I think given the light weight of the slide, I would need to slow it down with a heavier spring so the casing has ample time to eject... It is certainly a quality part, and this will be much easier to fit to the front of the slide if it ends up protruding.
    NRA Member, CAPRC Member
  • #2
    modls7
    Member
    • Feb 2009
    • 414

    The guide rod looks nice, but that recoil plug is hideous.

    Comment

    • #3
      pklin1297
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2006
      • 3287

      I agree... The guide rod is very nicely machined, although their labeling is a bit misleading... It makes it sound like they sourced it from Colt. EGW offers many spring plugs that are great; don't know why they couldn't just make this instead of sourcing it from Kimber... Economy of scale I guess. EGW told me two months ago that all they were waiting on was the spring, so if the guide rod was sourced from Colt (which I doubt because it is nicely done), EGW is basically selling a kit assembled from everyone else's parts.
      NRA Member, CAPRC Member

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1