Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Tactical machining 80% for $99???

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Burningmetalmaniac
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2016
    • 7

    Tactical machining 80% for $99???

    I just cruised over to their site to check their prices vs vytamenc, stealth arms, and the others, and the site says they are $99 bucks. Is that right? Can anyone shed some light on this because I could have sworn a few weeks ago they were $165 and the info page shows the price at 165 but the main page with the products says 99 and it let me add it to the cart and calculate tax and everything, but it just seems weird to me. There was no sale thing showing up or anything.
  • #2
    dwalker
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2014
    • 2714

    Originally posted by Burningmetalmaniac
    I just cruised over to their site to check their prices vs vytamenc, stealth arms, and the others, and the site says they are $99 bucks. Is that right? Can anyone shed some light on this because I could have sworn a few weeks ago they were $165 and the info page shows the price at 165 but the main page with the products says 99 and it let me add it to the cart and calculate tax and everything, but it just seems weird to me. There was no sale thing showing up or anything.

    I ordered one last night at $99 to see if thier quality has improved, and I have a slide group that needs a home. It took the order and so far seems processed. I selected 2-day shipping so we will see if I get it tomorrow or Friday.
    Fear is the spare change that will keep you broke

    Call him run-like-hell-when-shtf-guy or dial-911-guy but NEVER call an unarmed man "Security".

    Comment

    • #3
      RookieShooter
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2009
      • 1952

      Just checked Tactical Machining website and all their 80% AR15 and 308 lower receivers are out of stock. This is very odd.
      sigpic
      _____________
      NRA Life Member

      Comment

      • #4
        dwalker
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2014
        • 2714

        Originally posted by RookieShooter
        Just checked Tactical Machining website and all their 80% AR15 and 308 lower receivers are out of stock. This is very odd.
        Not really, they are often sold out in mere hours after a batch is announced, I read somewhere to watch thier FB for announcement of lowers in stock, but that may no longer be a thing.
        Fear is the spare change that will keep you broke

        Call him run-like-hell-when-shtf-guy or dial-911-guy but NEVER call an unarmed man "Security".

        Comment

        • #5
          Burningmetalmaniac
          Junior Member
          • Jun 2016
          • 7

          Yeah I went to their fb page and the last post was from July so I don't think they are very active on there anymore

          Comment

          • #6
            dwalker
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2014
            • 2714

            I sent them a message via FB and they answered within a half hour and got me a tracking number for my order, so thats not bad
            Fear is the spare change that will keep you broke

            Call him run-like-hell-when-shtf-guy or dial-911-guy but NEVER call an unarmed man "Security".

            Comment

            • #7
              707electrician
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2010
              • 2889

              A few weeks ago they were $165. Around thanksgiving I believe they reduced them to $99 and at the time it looked like they were just on sale bit now they are just showing the $99 price. I ordered one on cyber Monday thinking they were just having a great sale. I have it now waiting to be machined. I cannot attest to the quality because I don't have one of the old ones to compare it to, but it looks good to me
              Brian Kelly

              PM me for electrical work

              Comment

              • #8
                MosinVirus
                Happily Infected
                CGN Contributor
                • Sep 2013
                • 5282

                Originally posted by 707electrician
                A few weeks ago they were $165. Around thanksgiving I believe they reduced them to $99 and at the time it looked like they were just on sale bit now they are just showing the $99 price. I ordered one on cyber Monday thinking they were just having a great sale. I have it now waiting to be machined. I cannot attest to the quality because I don't have one of the old ones to compare it to, but it looks good to me
                Can you post pictures?

                One of the worst areas was where the trigger track was machined past the rear edges of the frame where the Web of your hand would be.

                Another area was in the hammer slot (between the tangs) and it was visibly misshaped (almost appeared to not be parallel to the other side.

                Some of the frames also had large differences in side dimensions. For example measured at the barrel bottom lug recess, hammer slot, and magazine well, you could see a difference of .020" or more between sides, basically meaning that machining was off center.

                On at least one of the frames I had, the ejector leg holes were drilled off spec, or the disconnector hole was drilled off spec, making it so that the ejector retaining pin hole was going through the disconnector hole.

                I think it would be awesome to simply see a bunch of pics of the frame from various angles.
                Hobbies: bla, bla, bla... Bought a Mosin Nagant... Guns, Guns, Guns...

                Comment

                • #9
                  nubrun
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2012
                  • 998

                  Originally posted by MosinVirus
                  Can you post pictures?

                  One of the worst areas was where the trigger track was machined past the rear edges of the frame where the Web of your hand would be.

                  Another area was in the hammer slot (between the tangs) and it was visibly misshaped (almost appeared to not be parallel to the other side.

                  Some of the frames also had large differences in side dimensions. For example measured at the barrel bottom lug recess, hammer slot, and magazine well, you could see a difference of .020" or more between sides, basically meaning that machining was off center.

                  On at least one of the frames I had, the ejector leg holes were drilled off spec, or the disconnector hole was drilled off spec, making it so that the ejector retaining pin hole was going through the disconnector hole.

                  I think it would be awesome to simply see a bunch of pics of the frame from various angles.
                  I have one that I received on Monday. I will take some pictures tonight and post them.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    nubrun
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2012
                    • 998




                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      MosinVirus
                      Happily Infected
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Sep 2013
                      • 5282

                      Thank you for posting pics. What do you think, since you have the frame in hand.

                      To me it looks like there are still torn edges at the grip safety opening. Other than that it looks better, but what is going on with the right tang?
                      Hobbies: bla, bla, bla... Bought a Mosin Nagant... Guns, Guns, Guns...

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Jimi Jah
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jan 2014
                        • 19226

                        I paid under $60 a few months ago. Looks like gouging is contagious. I expect a price drop next month.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          dwalker
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2014
                          • 2714

                          Where did you get one for $60?
                          Fear is the spare change that will keep you broke

                          Call him run-like-hell-when-shtf-guy or dial-911-guy but NEVER call an unarmed man "Security".

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            VaderSpade
                            Vendor/Retailer
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 4274

                            Originally posted by dwalker
                            Where did you get one for $60?
                            I think a lot of people are seeing the title and thinking 80% AR-15. I did until the pictures showed up.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              dwalker
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 2014
                              • 2714

                              Originally posted by VaderSpade
                              I think a lot of people are seeing the title and thinking 80% AR-15. I did until the pictures showed up.
                              Hey Randy!! I need to send you an email today! And yes that makes way more sense.
                              Fear is the spare change that will keep you broke

                              Call him run-like-hell-when-shtf-guy or dial-911-guy but NEVER call an unarmed man "Security".

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1