Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Question about finishing services

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • avg.joe
    Banned
    • May 2012
    • 51

    Question about finishing services

    In order to fulfill my personal needs of finishing products, I was wondering if there was a market, & if it is legal to have a home hobby shop & let people donate or something to use my equipment for cerakote & parkerizing. I'd also be open to car & motorcycle parts too

    No keeping of stuff that I'd need licensing & related BS for to coat. That's a definite!

    For what I'd like to get into, it's a balance between paying someone or getting set up myself. I've already spent enough on cerakote that I should have invested in the equipment, D'oh!

    If you are near San Diego, & you already have parkerizing, & can fulfill my needs for cheaper than a set up, let me know! Or cerakote rental.
  • #2
    Nathan Krynn
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 2107

    Cerakote is not considered a manufacturing operation.

    I am pretty positive parkerizing is.

    The reason this is important is that to do manufacturing operations for someone else you must have a FFL and everything that goes with it.
    Nathan
    Tactical Machining
    1270 Biscayne Blvd
    Deland, FL 32724
    Phone 386-490-4464
    fax 386-490-4890

    Comment

    • #3
      jericho89
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2011
      • 1129

      and as long as you do not have a Federal defined firearm ( completed frame) in your position with out the customer present you do not need a ffl. I know a few people that have made a home business out of cerakote and they do many parts and 80% frames with no issues. I think most people would rather have someone who knows how to do it than to try themselves. Also lending your tools is like lending your woman, they never come back the same.
      Last edited by jericho89; 06-29-2016, 8:32 AM.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1