Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ak74 mag fitting

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    SVT-40
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2008
    • 12907

    Originally posted by Lingwendil
    The original center support on the Tantal (5.45) has a flat ground into it from the arsenal, on every single original receiver chunk I have ever seen they were this way.
    Pic of a Russian SAIGA 5.45 No cut on the center support.


    NoDakSpud receiver. No cut.


    I have a number of Bulgarian and soviet made kits. As well as Tantals... I'll have to check them tomorrow.
    Poke'm with a stick!


    Originally posted by fiddletown
    What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

    Comment

    • #17
      DS94901
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2012
      • 1302

      If the tabs on the lower rails were not trimmed enough you would absolutely know. The mag would not get anywhere close to fitting. And the ak-builder rails DO need to be trimmed, even for 74 mags.

      As others have said, file down the center support. Figure out what angle you need to get in there at and check fitment often so you don't remove more metal than needed.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1