Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Gunsmith Near Riverside

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Topflight80
    Member
    • Mar 2014
    • 324

    Gunsmith Near Riverside

    I just put together a pistol upper last night in 300 blackout.my question is does anyone know of a gunsmith in the riverside area that can check the headspace I also have a .223 upper I would like to have checked out for headspace.
  • #2
    dune870demon
    Senior Member
    • May 2009
    • 730

    I can give you a good tip, with the upper off, have the bolt closed and if the back of the BCG is flush with the back of the upper receiver I heard you close to money there, if it seats inward or outward you got problems. ( I did this with my .223wylde barrels with 5.56 bcgs)

    However, do not rely on this completely it is still recommended that you bring it to a professional gunsmith to be worked on.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

    Comment

    • #3
      baih777
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Jul 2011
      • 5680

      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Please don't believe the above.
      Find someone that has the gauges.
      Been gone too long. It's been 15 to 20 years since i had to shelf my guns. Those early years sucked.
      I really miss the good old Pomona Gun Shows.
      I'm Back.

      Comment

      • #4
        supertrooper
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2010
        • 624

        The back of the bolt carrier has absolutely nothing to do with headspace. Gauges are the only correct way to check.
        A SWAT Monkey is a powerful psychological tool. Imagine you are a criminal hiding in a closet and you hear "Release the monkey!" You would shudder.

        Comment

        • #5
          dune870demon
          Senior Member
          • May 2009
          • 730

          Okay well then I have some words to be had with someone about what I was told...
          You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

          Comment

          • #6
            Topflight80
            Member
            • Mar 2014
            • 324

            I know you need gauges I'll problably end up buying them I just didn't want to wait on shipping and all that I want to shoot this thing took me 2 years to finally put it together

            Comment

            • #7
              ar15barrels
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2006
              • 57179

              Originally posted by dune870demon
              I can give you a good tip, with the upper off, have the bolt closed and if the back of the BCG is flush with the back of the upper receiver I heard you close to money there,
              False.
              This test tells us absolutely NOTHING about the headspace.
              Randall Rausch

              AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
              Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
              Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
              Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
              Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

              Comment

              • #8
                ar15barrels
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jan 2006
                • 57179

                Originally posted by Topflight80
                I know you need gauges I'll problably end up buying them I just didn't want to wait on shipping and all that I want to shoot this thing took me 2 years to finally put it together
                I charge $10 to check headspace.
                I have gauges for about 60 different chamberings.
                Randall Rausch

                AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Topflight80
                  Member
                  • Mar 2014
                  • 324

                  Originally posted by ar15barrels
                  I charge $10 to check headspace.
                  I have gauges for about 60 different chamberings.
                  $10 is a very reasonable price.hopefully I can find someone in my area.
                  Last edited by Topflight80; 03-06-2016, 10:32 AM.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Topflight80
                    Member
                    • Mar 2014
                    • 324

                    Anyone have 300 blackout gauges and wants to make some $

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      ar15barrels
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jan 2006
                      • 57179

                      Originally posted by Topflight80
                      Anyone have 300 blackout gauges and wants to make some $
                      Randall Rausch

                      AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                      Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                      Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                      Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                      Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        baih777
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Jul 2011
                        • 5680

                        Been gone too long. It's been 15 to 20 years since i had to shelf my guns. Those early years sucked.
                        I really miss the good old Pomona Gun Shows.
                        I'm Back.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1