Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

sf valley gunsmith cut/thread barrel

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jrr
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 621

    sf valley gunsmith cut/thread barrel

    I'm looking for a smith who can cut crown and thread a rem 700 barrel. I'm in the San Fernando valley, so local would be preferred.

    Thanks all!
  • #2
    baih777
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Jul 2011
    • 5680

    Contact Randall. He's probably down the street from you.
    ar15barrels.com
    Been gone too long. It's been 15 to 20 years since i had to shelf my guns. Those early years sucked.
    I really miss the good old Pomona Gun Shows.
    I'm Back.

    Comment

    • #3
      ar15barrels
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2006
      • 57182

      I know a guy...
      Randall Rausch

      AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
      Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
      Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
      Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
      Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

      Comment

      • #4
        ar15barrels
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2006
        • 57182

        Originally posted by baih777
        Contact Randall. He's probably down the street from you.

        ar15barrels.com

        Bolt action work is on www.700barrels.com
        Randall Rausch

        AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
        Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
        Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
        Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
        Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

        Comment

        • #5
          baih777
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Jul 2011
          • 5680

          I cant remember.
          Been gone too long. It's been 15 to 20 years since i had to shelf my guns. Those early years sucked.
          I really miss the good old Pomona Gun Shows.
          I'm Back.

          Comment

          • #6
            R4570
            Junior Member
            • May 2010
            • 84

            Dean Wilkerson in van nuts 818-988-7266

            Comment

            • #7
              ojisan
              Agent 86
              CGN Contributor
              • Apr 2008
              • 11782

              Go to Randall @ AR15barrels.
              You'll be happy you did.

              Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
              I don't really care, I just like to argue.

              Comment

              • #8
                SMarquez
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2011
                • 2216

                Really?

                Comment

                • #9
                  ojisan
                  Agent 86
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Apr 2008
                  • 11782

                  He knows his stuff and has the tools and equipment to do it right.
                  He is exacting with dimensions and precision.
                  His prices are reasonable and generally he does it while you wait.

                  He has done several jobs for me that are beyond my available equipment and expertise.
                  Yes I paid for these jobs and yes I was 100% satisfied.

                  There are others for sure, but in the SFV, there's little reason to drive elsewhere.

                  Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
                  I don't really care, I just like to argue.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    craneman
                    • Jan 2010
                    • 1329

                    Another vote for Randall at 700barrels.com. He did work for me and the price was more than fair and the quality of the work was second to none. Plus he is a nice guy to deal with.
                    sigpic

                    Stupid people don't know they are stupid. Because they are stupid. They will follow evil geniuses and do their bidding, because they are stupid.

                    Really super stupid people look up to, and follow stupid people like they were geniuses, because to them, they are. Unfortunately the reality of it is, that doesn't make stupid people any smarter.

                    That right there is the root cause to most problems in the world.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Madpyro
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 1368

                      I'm very happy with the work Randall did on my model 7 Remington. He chambered and fitted a new barrel, gun shoots better than I do!
                      Last edited by Madpyro; 01-30-2016, 8:58 PM. Reason: Grammer
                      sigpic94th ENGR. BN. USAEUR 75-78 / N.R.A. Life Member / SASS / Mineral County SAR

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Twystd1
                        Superfluous
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 2692

                        I agree with all the fellas above. Randall is the man to get you your work done correctly and at a reasonable price.

                        And he is CLOSE TO YOU ! !

                        -T

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          tujungatoes
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Dec 2006
                          • 7942

                          Just to pile on... +1 for Randall. He threaded a pair of barrels for me just yesterday. Came out perfect, and done in no time at all.
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by Dr. Elky
                          If your a man who wears white sunglasses, your probably a douche bag
                          Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
                          I've been know to cross dress and go the other way at certain events.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ar15barrels
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jan 2006
                            • 57182

                            Originally posted by tujungatoes
                            Just to pile on... +1 for Randall. He threaded a pair of barrels for me just yesterday. Came out perfect, and done in no time at all.
                            Shhhhhh, I don't take appointments on Sundays...
                            Randall Rausch

                            AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                            Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                            Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                            Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                            Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              MosinVirus
                              Happily Infected
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Sep 2013
                              • 5282

                              Originally posted by ar15barrels
                              Shhhhhh, I don't take appointments on Sundays...
                              That is for the cool guys?
                              Hobbies: bla, bla, bla... Bought a Mosin Nagant... Guns, Guns, Guns...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1