I tested two 1911s today after fitting new bushings, and in one case a new slide stop.
#1. My Rock Tactical, which I have set up to be able to run 10mm through. 10mm slide is one from ParaOrdnance. Photo shows testing done with the Rock's 45 acp bushing at the top, and the new, tighter bushing lower down. There were two loads tested, 4 of each. More of a function test than a real accuracy test. At this time I can't remember POA for the upper group, but the new bushing brings everything to right about POA. I noticed that while the 2 4 shot groups overlap just a bit, the centers are seperated by about 1 1/2". The lighter bullet/load shoots a bit higher and to the left.
I'm not working for accuracy yet, more of a function test. The lighter load(175 gr SWC, 6.4 gr Unique) is almost too light. Both groups were fired from a rest at about 17 yds.

#2. My son's 1991A1 Commander. I have set it up be a switch caliber. 9mm/38Super/10mm using a ParaOrdnance slide. 9mm& 38Super barrels were old style pencil Colt barrels, 10mm is a drop in barrel. Pencil barrels got new bushing because the old one's were very loose. 10mm bushing is a drop in, but fit perfectly. The original 45acp barrel also got a new bushing.
9mm slide stop was loose, so I got a new Fusion 9mm slide stop that measured right at .200".
10mm groups were fired from a rest at 17 yds. Unfortunately, due to a very tight chamber, some of my reloads wouldn't chamber, so target only got shot 5 times.
9mm/38Super/45acp were shot at 10 yds, using two handed hold.
Gun is set up for 10mm, so it has a 26# MS. Trigger pull is harder, so there is some vertical stringing since I am getting used to the trigger.
Target one. 2 groups. 18 shots. 9mm & 38 Super, old bushings, old slide stop. 23# MS.

Target 2. 9mm, new bushing, new slide stop. 26# MS.

Target 3. Same target, with 38Super superimposed.

Target #4. 10mm. 17 yds, from a rest. Test not fully done. 180 TC loads wouldn't chamber. 4 shots of 175 SWC(6.4 gr Unique), 1 shot of 180 TC.

Target #5. 45acp barrel, new bushing. 185 gr JHP PMC. Carry ammo.
#1. My Rock Tactical, which I have set up to be able to run 10mm through. 10mm slide is one from ParaOrdnance. Photo shows testing done with the Rock's 45 acp bushing at the top, and the new, tighter bushing lower down. There were two loads tested, 4 of each. More of a function test than a real accuracy test. At this time I can't remember POA for the upper group, but the new bushing brings everything to right about POA. I noticed that while the 2 4 shot groups overlap just a bit, the centers are seperated by about 1 1/2". The lighter bullet/load shoots a bit higher and to the left.
I'm not working for accuracy yet, more of a function test. The lighter load(175 gr SWC, 6.4 gr Unique) is almost too light. Both groups were fired from a rest at about 17 yds.

#2. My son's 1991A1 Commander. I have set it up be a switch caliber. 9mm/38Super/10mm using a ParaOrdnance slide. 9mm& 38Super barrels were old style pencil Colt barrels, 10mm is a drop in barrel. Pencil barrels got new bushing because the old one's were very loose. 10mm bushing is a drop in, but fit perfectly. The original 45acp barrel also got a new bushing.
9mm slide stop was loose, so I got a new Fusion 9mm slide stop that measured right at .200".
10mm groups were fired from a rest at 17 yds. Unfortunately, due to a very tight chamber, some of my reloads wouldn't chamber, so target only got shot 5 times.
9mm/38Super/45acp were shot at 10 yds, using two handed hold.
Gun is set up for 10mm, so it has a 26# MS. Trigger pull is harder, so there is some vertical stringing since I am getting used to the trigger.
Target one. 2 groups. 18 shots. 9mm & 38 Super, old bushings, old slide stop. 23# MS.

Target 2. 9mm, new bushing, new slide stop. 26# MS.

Target 3. Same target, with 38Super superimposed.

Target #4. 10mm. 17 yds, from a rest. Test not fully done. 180 TC loads wouldn't chamber. 4 shots of 175 SWC(6.4 gr Unique), 1 shot of 180 TC.

Target #5. 45acp barrel, new bushing. 185 gr JHP PMC. Carry ammo.
