Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Need some recomendations on proper stock fix.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Crocketus
    Member
    • Jul 2015
    • 179

    Need some recomendations on proper stock fix.

    Recently took apart an Ishapore 2a1 and in the main body of the stock(Lower handguard?) there is a piece of wood by where it bolts on that looks to be cracked/coming out.





    As hopefully you can tell there is almost a chunk of wood that looks like it wants to work its way out. I was thinking that perhaps the best option would be to grab some epoxy and work it into the area? there is daylight between the lug and the wood. Any advice CalGuns? I just got this rifle and I'm fixing it up best I can.
  • #2
    Fjold
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Oct 2005
    • 23064

    Pull the piece out and coat it with a good epoxy and then clamp/rubber band it in place to dry.
    Frank

    One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375




    Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

    Comment

    • #3
      hermosabeach
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Feb 2009
      • 19836

      Is it the photo, or is that wood soaked in oil?

      Degrease if it is an oil soaked stock, bed and refinish.
      Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

      Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

      Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

      Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
      (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

      Comment

      • #4
        Crocketus
        Member
        • Jul 2015
        • 179

        Originally posted by Fjold
        Pull the piece out and coat it with a good epoxy and then clamp/rubber band it in place to dry.
        alright, any recommendations for the epoxy? I was told acraglas was good?

        Originally posted by hermosabeach
        Is it the photo, or is that wood soaked in oil?

        Degrease if it is an oil soaked stock, bed and refinish.
        More the photo, it's dark but the wood to the touch is bone dry. Maybe a bit of real old oil but it's not soaked by any means.

        Comment

        • #5
          kcstott
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Nov 2011
          • 11796

          3M 460 structural adhesive, Acragel,

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1