Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

needed info on sks boldt assembly

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • zeeker13
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 8

    needed info on sks boldt assembly

    I wanted to know where I could get a replacement bolt assembly for a sks. To the best of my knowledge its made of mostly russian parts, but I identified possible yugo bolt carrier, gas tube and wooden stock. So, will any assembly work? Should I get a russian made one, a yugo, or will any work? I am a new sks gun owner with limited knowledge, but have read some pages and identified this as such to the best of my knowledge. Thanks
  • #2
    Captain Evilstomper
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 775

    IIRC the parts are interchangeable, unless you have an albanian sks, so i believe that any bolt carrier ***'y would work. somebody correct me if i'm wrong.
    Reason has seldom failed us because it has seldom been tried

    Better a cruel truth than a comfortable delusion
    -- Edward Abbey

    Comment

    • #3
      JDay
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Nov 2008
      • 19393

      I would try to keep it all original unless you want it to lose its C&R status. That means all Russian parts.
      Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

      The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

      Comment

      • #4
        SJgunguy24
        I need a LIFE!!
        • May 2008
        • 14849



        Try this place. What part needs to be replaced? What type of SKS do you have? There is a bit of a differance from country to country.
        There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
        The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
        The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
        The others, well......they just never learn.

        "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
        Patrick Henry.

        Comment

        • #5
          SJgunguy24
          I need a LIFE!!
          • May 2008
          • 14849


          To the OP go here and research. You should be able to get any info you need. If you still have any questions feel free to P.M. me.
          There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
          The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
          The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
          The others, well......they just never learn.

          "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
          Patrick Henry.

          Comment

          • #6
            zeeker13
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 8

            Thanks for the replys...This is a mostly russian made except I believe the stock, gas tube, bolt carrier, and reciever cover are possibly yugo made. again I am new to sks and am going off of information I have read. I understand the firing pins differ slightly, but was going to use a murphys pin in near future anyway. So are the bolts interchangable or how would I approach finding a replacement? Do I buy a russian one or yugo one, not concerned with c&r, its just going to be a target shooter. Thanks

            Comment

            • #7
              SJgunguy24
              I need a LIFE!!
              • May 2008
              • 14849

              Originally posted by zeeker13
              Thanks for the replys...This is a mostly russian made except I believe the stock, gas tube, bolt carrier, and reciever cover are possibly yugo made. again I am new to sks and am going off of information I have read. I understand the firing pins differ slightly, but was going to use a murphys pin in near future anyway. So are the bolts interchangable or how would I approach finding a replacement? Do I buy a russian one or yugo one, not concerned with c&r, its just going to be a target shooter. Thanks

              If your carrier is a Yugo but the receiver is Russian, I would try to match the carrier. You must be talking about Ben Murrary's firing pin kit. It works great, (want to know about slam-fire just ask) and if you can find some time give Ben a call. Good guy and full of knowlege. Ben also has a F.C.G. "kit" that he sells, it will drasticlly improve the SKS's crap trigger.

              Check out the numrich link I posted earlier, if you want to have matching parts they sell them.
              There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
              The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
              The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
              The others, well......they just never learn.

              "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
              Patrick Henry.

              Comment

              • #8
                JDay
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Nov 2008
                • 19393

                Here is a good place to go if you want to learn all about SKS rifles. http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php
                Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

                The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

                Comment

                • #9
                  Bolt2Bounce
                  Member
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 228

                  Buymilsurp.com : - Mosin Nagant Parts & Accessories SKS Rifle Parts & Accessories Ammunition Stripper and Loading Clips Booklets and Manuals TAPCO Parts & Accessories Surplus Firearms Virtual Museum Scopes Mounts & Optics Ordnance, Grenades & Rockets Pistol Parts & Accessories Rifle Parts & Accessories Misc. Accessories PPSH 41 & PPS 43 PARTS RECOIL BUFFERS DISCOUNT BINS MISC GUN SPRINGS HI CAP MAGAZINES - IN STOCK!! Daisy VL Ammo for Sale HOLSTERS

                  APEX Gun Parts is your source for hard to find gun parts, parts kits, and accessories. We specialize in all military surplus weapons from AK-47s, AR-15s, Mausers, CETME, Enfields, UZIs, and much more! We set ourselves apart by supplying unique parts at a good value and standing by our products by offering outstanding customer service.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    windsheer
                    Member
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 325

                    I have a few sks yugos and the bolts are not drop in toeeach other. They get suck . I belive some filing would fix it. They look the same just need some hand fitting to work.
                    Rancho Punetas California

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      zeeker13
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 8

                      Thanks for all the replies. I have one on order and will let you know how it works out when I get it in a week or so. Thanks for all the links,

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Rule .308
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 2531

                        The SKS bolt is locked in place by a locking shoulder at the back of the bolt, very much so like the FAL. I sure as heck would not file on it to make it fit and you may really want to consider checking the headspace on it if you swap around bolts. It may be overkill and then again.....

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1