Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Maxing out Springfield 3006

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RogerOrange
    Member
    • Apr 2015
    • 320

    Maxing out Springfield 3006

    I have been given a sporterized Springfield 3006 rifle and would like to make it as accurate as possible. The rifle already has been prepared for a scope mount.

    I am looking for a gun smith to:
    • Free float or glass bedd or pillar mount the action and barrel
    • Blue-print the action and barrel
    • Blue the barrel and action again
    • Install a recoil pad
    • Install a better trigger
    • Install scope mounts and scope
    • Remove the iron sights (there are not the originals)
    • Crown the barrel if needed


    Ideally the gunsmith should be in southern California so I can bring the rifle in person and discuss the work to be done.

    Looking forward to your replies,

    Roger
    Last edited by RogerOrange; 07-07-2015, 11:40 AM.
  • #2
    tujungatoes
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2006
    • 7942

    I would recommend randall(ar15barrels). Keep in mind you could almost certainly spend less money buying a new rifle off the shelf that would shoot as well or better than a worked over surplus rifle. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it. Just making sure you are aware of the financial aspect.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Dr. Elky
    If your a man who wears white sunglasses, your probably a douche bag
    Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
    I've been know to cross dress and go the other way at certain events.

    Comment

    • #3
      RogerOrange
      Member
      • Apr 2015
      • 320

      Thanks for the advice.
      I realize that the work exceeds the value of this rifle. I agree that a stock Remington 700 will likely outperform this rifle. But there is more to this project than the financial value and return on investment.

      Comment

      • #4
        tujungatoes
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2006
        • 7942

        I thought as much. I've got a Mauser I'll be giving the same treatment to. Talk to Randall. Might be kind of a drive from ojai but he is good.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Dr. Elky
        If your a man who wears white sunglasses, your probably a douche bag
        Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
        I've been know to cross dress and go the other way at certain events.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1