Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

80% 1911 Officer's frames ??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ILVSMOG
    insert clever title here
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Sep 2009
    • 611

    80% 1911 Officer's frames ??

    Does anybody offer an Officer's size 1911 frame? I've got a Caspian 4.25" slide and I've been wanting to finish a CCO build for a while.
    Last edited by ILVSMOG; 06-15-2015, 2:49 PM.
  • #2
    javaduke
    Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 265

    Check e-Sarco: http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/80-lower-f...rip-frame.aspx looks like what you need.

    Comment

    • #3
      tujungatoes
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2006
      • 7942

      A 0% frame?

      sigpic
      Originally posted by Dr. Elky
      If your a man who wears white sunglasses, your probably a douche bag
      Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
      I've been know to cross dress and go the other way at certain events.

      Comment

      • #4
        liber
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2014
        • 1868

        Originally posted by ILVSMOG
        Does anybody offer an Officer's size 1911 frame? I've got a Caspian 4.25" slide and I've been wanting to finish a CCO build for a while.
        Check with Maverick to verify whether these are 4.25" or 4.5". They list it as an Officer.

        sigpic
        --------- liber --------

        From my cold dead end mill...

        Comment

        • #5
          ILVSMOG
          insert clever title here
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Sep 2009
          • 611

          Originally posted by tujungatoes
          A 0% frame?

          LOL, I just noticed that I flubbed the title. That's too funny.

          Comment

          • #6
            ILVSMOG
            insert clever title here
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Sep 2009
            • 611

            Originally posted by liber
            Check with Maverick to verify whether these are 4.25" or 4.5". They list it as an Officer.

            http://www.maverickarms.org/#!produc...%25-frame-4140
            If it's bobbed, it's a full size frame. Can't bob an Officer frame, there's no shorter mainspring housing to use.

            Comment

            • #7
              ILVSMOG
              insert clever title here
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Sep 2009
              • 611

              Originally posted by javaduke
              Check e-Sarco: http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/80-lower-f...rip-frame.aspx looks like what you need.
              That looks about like what I'm looking for. I'd love to find one in stainless, but there seem to be limited options. What/whose jigs work with the e-sarco frames?

              Comment

              • #8
                xsefan
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2013
                • 1931

                That sarco frame look like way better quality than the tm junk

                Comment

                • #9
                  liber
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2014
                  • 1868

                  Originally posted by ILVSMOG
                  If it's bobbed, it's a full size frame.
                  Mavrick Arms has had bob tailed Commanders for certain. Those aren't full size. He has some Commanders listed, but only in kit right now. Commander has a 4.25" barrel. That frame looks the same to me, but not listed as a Commander.

                  Anyway, it seems you found what you're looking for at <gasp> Sarco.

                  Originally posted by xsefan
                  That sarco frame look like way better quality than the tm junk
                  Looks like it needs a lot more work done to it, measuring, creative milling for some of it, etc...
                  sigpic
                  --------- liber --------

                  From my cold dead end mill...

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    liber
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • 1868

                    Just as a side to my comments on the Sarco frame. No hammer or sear pin which is common, these can be done on most of the jigs. It doesn't show if it has the frame safety lever cutout, this requires a couple different end mill cuts, one at a specific angle. No plunger tube mounting holes, probably no disconnect or ejector holes. No mainspring housing pin holes, and I would guess no slots for the mainspring housing. Barrel bed, possibly decking, etc...

                    This is all work that can be done, but there aren't jigs to do that.

                    While the TM frames have some quirks, I think they are light years ahead of most all of the Sarco frames.

                    The frames that are rumored to be done by Dasan in Georgia look good. I think that is what Maverick Arms has. I haven't seen one.
                    sigpic
                    --------- liber --------

                    From my cold dead end mill...

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      tr6guns
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2013
                      • 646

                      From their web-site they say this is what is required to finish the frames.
                      Slide rails, hammer & sear pin holes, mainspring housing retaining pin, and ejector leg holes remain to be applied

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Nathan Krynn
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 2107

                        Both the commander and the officers models were made from full sized government frame up to 10 years ago or less as there was not any raw material (castings or forgings) for officers only.

                        To make the officers you mill the recoil shoulder back .090" or so depending on slide. Cut the dust cover to match the slide. Cut the grip per the print. Weld on steel plates in the grip. Drill and tap new grip screw bushings.
                        Nathan
                        Tactical Machining
                        1270 Biscayne Blvd
                        Deland, FL 32724
                        Phone 386-490-4464
                        fax 386-490-4890

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1