Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Riveting a Scope Rail for AK-47

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Green Ice Dragon
    Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 374

    Riveting a Scope Rail for AK-47

    I'm looking to build an AK-47 and I have a couple of questions on riveting the side scope rail.

    Do the AK Builder or Tothtool jaws require modification/additional parts? I've read and seen videos that the AK Builder needs additional parts and that the Tothtool has clearance issues but am unclear where to get these parts or how to remedy the clearance issues with the Tothtool.

    Would anyone be able to provide details on any of this? I would prefer not to install a screw-in version of the side rail. Any help would be appreciated.
  • #2
    kcstott
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2011
    • 11796

    there are no clearance issues for mounting a scope rail on an AK with either of the tools.

    You will need to perform the operation upside down on one rivet though. i.e. the rivet the is in the center of the rail gets installed with the formed head from the inside then you form the head with a short 1/4" dowel pin to get in the counter bore.

    now the jaws will not get the bottom rear rivet on a side folder Some people have had to clearance the cross bars on the jaws to allow a deeper reach for certain applications but that where I just fall back to my off set riveter and use it to do the job.

    Comment

    Working...
    UA-8071174-1