I can't afford any of the AK riveting tools (jigs or whatnot). I was thinking to follow the instructions from http://gunsgutsandgod.com/longrivetjig.htm to build a long rivet jig and then I was going to modify some bolt cutters to crush the front rivets. I need tools for a Yugo m70 fixed and a romy g.
I know very little about this kind of stuff, so I have a couple of questions
1. what do you guys use to modify your bolt cutters to get the best result?
2. to make the bucking plates/trigger guard jig i need to make indents into scrap metal with a 5/16 ball end mill. i dont know anything about ball end mills -- which kind should i use (2 flute, 4 flute... carbide?). and since i am not moving the metal just making an indent can i use the ball end mill in a drill press?
also i need to make this indent in a 3/8 rod to use as a ram, but do i need any other types of rams besides a flat and one with the 5/16 indent? i notice that the jigs sold on akbuilder and whatnot have 4 rams
thanks for your help
I know very little about this kind of stuff, so I have a couple of questions
1. what do you guys use to modify your bolt cutters to get the best result?
2. to make the bucking plates/trigger guard jig i need to make indents into scrap metal with a 5/16 ball end mill. i dont know anything about ball end mills -- which kind should i use (2 flute, 4 flute... carbide?). and since i am not moving the metal just making an indent can i use the ball end mill in a drill press?
also i need to make this indent in a 3/8 rod to use as a ram, but do i need any other types of rams besides a flat and one with the 5/16 indent? i notice that the jigs sold on akbuilder and whatnot have 4 rams
thanks for your help




Comment