Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Gunsmith for a Howa 1500 action

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • s10rick
    Member
    • Nov 2007
    • 490

    Gunsmith for a Howa 1500 action

    Looking to get a action worked and mounted in a bell & carson stock. Can anybody recommend a good gunsmith to "Accurize" the setup?

    Thanks,
    Rick
    sigpic
    WTB: 308 Match reloading supplies

    Originally posted by Hopi
    Pffft. Who tells their neighbors when you catch their cat in your backyard bear traps?! Newb.....
    Member of the "DoubleStar 10"
  • #2
    ar15barrels
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2006
    • 57182

    If you are just moving the action into the new stock and it has an aluminum bedding block, there's not much to it.
    Get a torque wrench for 65 inch-lbs and slowly snug down each screw, starting in front.
    Go half way on both, then all the way until it clicks.
    Make sure you are setting the action back against the bedding block while you do this.
    I have worked over a couple stock triggers on Howas and they can be made very nice.
    Randall Rausch

    AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
    Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
    Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
    Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
    Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

    Comment

    • #3
      s10rick
      Member
      • Nov 2007
      • 490

      Thanks Randall...

      Maybe I can get you to do the trigger? Ill talk to you about it once I actually switch stocks. Its currently in the Axiom stock which I dont like all that much.

      -Rick
      sigpic
      WTB: 308 Match reloading supplies

      Originally posted by Hopi
      Pffft. Who tells their neighbors when you catch their cat in your backyard bear traps?! Newb.....
      Member of the "DoubleStar 10"

      Comment

      • #4
        ar15barrels
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2006
        • 57182

        Originally posted by s10rick
        Maybe I can get you to do the trigger?
        Yes.
        Randall Rausch

        AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
        Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
        Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
        Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
        Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1