Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Gunsmith in NorCal

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bullitt3123
    Member
    • Apr 2013
    • 174

    Gunsmith in NorCal

    Im sure this has been asked before but does anyone know of any good gunsmiths in norcal for some basic 1911 work?
  • #2
    Alex$
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2009
    • 1233

    Narrow down "Norcal" a little as far as your location, willingness to drive.

    What type of basic 1911 work are you looking for?

    These two questions should help you find some competent pistol smiths near you.

    Comment

    • #3
      bullitt3123
      Member
      • Apr 2013
      • 174

      im in chico, but I probably wont find any smith's around here so maybe sacramento? willing to drive 2-3 hours
      looking to get a beavertail safety done, do some trigger work and install night sights on a mil spec springfield

      Comment

      • #4
        VaderSpade
        Vendor/Retailer
        • Mar 2009
        • 4274

        I hear the smith at Olde West in Redding is good with 1911's

        Comment

        • #5
          bullitt3123
          Member
          • Apr 2013
          • 174

          do any members here do any good 1911 work?

          Comment

          • #6
            JRJCP
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2010
            • 695

            Maybe me, but I'm located in Upland.
            Repair, Perform services and Custom work on 1911s

            Comment

            • #7
              thomashoward
              In Memoriam
              • Jan 2009
              • 1991

              BAF Specialties in Vacaville
              http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/...0fa5fefab1.jpghttp://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/...Untitled-2.jpghttp://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/...tar76148_1.jpg
              "Everyone has two lives,the second one starts when you realize you only have one "

              Comment

              • #8
                DaveInOroValley
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Jan 2010
                • 8968

                There is a very well known and respected gunsmith in our town that I have been to for a friend's issue but not one of mine but he did a great job for my friend.

                NRA Life Member

                Vet since 1978

                "Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

                Comment

                • #9
                  General
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2012
                  • 1984

                  Tag

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Gregchico
                    Vendor/Retailer
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 2377

                    I don't remember his name, but North Valley Gunshop is off Eaton Rd in Chico. He did some 1911 work or me 10-ish years ago. He also did several friends guns around the same time. Nothing but good things to say.

                    You also may want to try Fran at FXP Firearms in Oroville.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Biigg50
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 561

                      Originally posted by VaderSpade
                      I hear the smith at Olde West in Redding is good with 1911's

                      I second that. Larry Mears does great work. I had him do a beaver tail, hammer and trigger work on a Springfield SS Mil Spec a couple years ago.
                      Gun Shop- Larry Mears
                      568 North Market Street, Redding, CA 96003
                      (530) 244-3213

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        682beretta
                        Member
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 322

                        +1 for Larry

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1