Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

El Dorado IDPA summary

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sierra m37
    Member
    • Feb 2012
    • 297

    El Dorado IDPA summary

    Well, I got my first IDPA (lite) competition in today and I learned quite a bit. They are loose with the official rules which made it enjoyable for a newb. I shot Ok, nowhere near best and not worst. I only took out one friendly and got one penalty for releasing my mag before I was behind cover while on the move.

    Considering I hadn't shot the handgun in about a year with only a quick site in yesterday after work I felt pretty good.

    What I did like was learning the safety aspects of how they run the COF's as it was good real world advice. Learning to move and shoot, reload and shoot under and around objects and at targets behind good guys, at bad guys legs, a house clearing scenario and properly holstering and drawing. Your adrenaline does get pumping which adds to the challenge.

    I now have an idea of what I need to do to improve on skill wise as well as equipment if I want to spend the money. Also great to spend the day with fellow enthusiasts. They had a record 45 on hand today and it ran from 9 till about 2:00.
  • #2
    9mmepiphany
    Calguns Addict
    • Jul 2008
    • 8075

    You should come join us at SacValley next weekend. New shooter orientation is Saturday (a lot of great information and insight into techniques) and the match is Sunday.

    We do start a little earlier and we might go a little later...but then we usually have 100+ shooters too. There will be a lot of faces you'll recognize from this match
    ...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale

    Comment

    • #3
      sierra m37
      Member
      • Feb 2012
      • 297

      Rain is forecast this Wednesday thru the following Monday. Do you guys still run the course in the wet?

      I really want to get my M1A down to Sac Valley for some longer targets to really site her in and get used to using the sight adjustments.

      Comment

      • #4
        9mmepiphany
        Calguns Addict
        • Jul 2008
        • 8075

        Originally posted by sierra m37
        Rain is forecast this Wednesday thru the following Monday. Do you guys still run the course in the wet?

        I really want to get my M1A down to Sac Valley for some longer targets to really site her in and get used to using the sight adjustments.
        Hit the web page the night before for a match update http://www.sdps-idpa.org/

        Duane will post if the footing is safe enough to hold the match. We don't usually shoot if it is raining hard because it makes it hard to tape the targets...unlike Seattle where they have the targets inside plastic bags
        ...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1