Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Using M&P 40L for Limited class, Any one?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MR_X
    Member
    • Jul 2013
    • 424

    Using M&P 40L for Limited class, Any one?

    Been looking for a gun to use in Limited class. Right now I'm doing L10 with a Sig 1911. I was really looking into a 1911/2011 double stack. I have been thinking about using the 40L variant since it has a large support. My concern is the trigger. My 1911 has a 2 lbs trigger that is crispy as hell and it has spoiled me a bit. I don't like the take up/free moving range of the trigger on the M&P or any striker style gun on that matter. Can this take up/free moving be reduced with trigger work?

    Keep in mind that I'm moving to Va. In April so I can have those nice mags.
    Last edited by MR_X; 02-21-2014, 10:06 AM.
  • #2
    ODub
    Member
    • Sep 2012
    • 473

    Check out the APEX Tactical Forward Set Sear (FSS) kit. Most reviews refer to it as comparable to a 3lb. 1911 trigger. I don't have one yet, but I'm planning on ordering one.

    Also, the new Salient Arms International trigger is getting good reviews.

    Comment

    • #3
      USPSA GM
      Member
      • Nov 2013
      • 316

      Yes ..... Most kits will help but someone who know the platform well and get them even better.

      Comment

      • #4
        MR_X
        Member
        • Jul 2013
        • 424

        Thanks fellas. That just opened a can of posibilities. REALLY interested on one now. Time to look at other upgrades for it.

        Comment

        • #5
          gun fu
          Member
          • Jan 2010
          • 479

          Yes! Why not?

          You said it though... trigger is the concern...then go with 1911/2011

          Remember all these trigger kits exist for striker fired guns is to "try" to feel like a 1911....

          Comment

          • #6
            MR_X
            Member
            • Jul 2013
            • 424

            Well I'm willing to do some self adjustment to get used to the new trigger. Out of the box, I can't though. My 1911 trigger has me WAY to spoil but I do understand that I will not get that with a striker gun but if I can get close to it, I'm fine with that.

            Don't want to go with a 2011. The cost of a 2011 is triple of an M&P40 CORE. Was thinking going with a PARA Pro Custom in 40 but they might release it when the sun burns out. Then they only come with one magazine. Each additional is $100+.

            Right now I don't have a problem staying in L10 class with the Sig 1911. My son wants to get into the sport also and we have found that the M&P guns fits his hands quite well (he is 13). So I'm kind of looking for something that fits both of us.

            Comment

            • #7
              mjmagee67
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 2011
              • 2771

              Get your son a 9 Pro and have him shoot probuction class. Here in Kaliforniastan that's the easiest way to go. No major power factor to worry about, a 10 round limit, and very little mods are allowed.
              If you want change you have to put in your 2 cents, you can't just sit on the sidelines and whine.

              Comment

              • #8
                MR_X
                Member
                • Jul 2013
                • 424

                I do have a 9 that I can borrow for the reminder of my time in this state. In April 8th I will buy the 40L CORE in Va.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1