Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

when it rains, what kinda jacket

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ohnozombeez
    Senior Member
    • May 2012
    • 537

    when it rains, what kinda jacket

    ok, just curious, when it rains, and you still wanna train and compete, what light jacket, sweatshirt do you guys use?
  • #2
    Blackhorse2010
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2013
    • 699

    Anything GoreTex.
    I have a few ECWCS left from the Army days.
    They work just fine.

    Comment

    • #3
      SonofWWIIDI
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Nov 2011
      • 21583

      Get a lightweight golf jacket or pullover. Still has good freedom of movement, and keeps the rain off.


      Oh yeah, gore-tex.
      Sorry, not sorry.
      🎺

      Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

      Comment

      • #4
        HighLander51
        Banned
        • Feb 2010
        • 5144

        Full metal, or your hollow points will get wet...

        Comment

        • #5
          Caseless
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2005
          • 1668

          Sea level/temperate climate areas: ECWCS gen III level 4 over normal clothes. It feels feather light.

          Save the goretex gear for heavy rain.

          Comment

          • #6
            ohnozombeez
            Senior Member
            • May 2012
            • 537

            Got a training class Friday and I thought it was gonna rain now the weather guy said sunny....so I might just wear a long sleeve shirt for the morning.

            Comment

            • #7
              Clee
              Member
              • Oct 2008
              • 394

              Originally posted by jessegpresley
              Predatorbdu.com has a Vertx jacket made by Arcteryx for $130, regularly $300. That be a good jacket.
              Soft shell jackets aren't really made for serious rain only light drizzly.

              Comment

              • #8
                GM_77
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 594

                Any soft shell will do. Chances are the paper targets will fail before your jacket gets soaked through.

                Comment

                • #9
                  sargenv
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 4620

                  I melt in the rain so I just don't bother going out in it...

                  Ok, enough comedy.. what everyone says is true.. I tend to use whatever I use for Duck hunting.. if it's warm and dry enough for sitting in a blind, it's probably good enough for wet days on the range.. you just have to see if they don't mind you wearing hunting camo at your range.. some ranges have funny rules like that.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ohnozombeez
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2012
                    • 537

                    Im prepping myself to go out and shoot in the cold. I'm vertically challenged and run a big belly. So when I purchase a jacket they tend to run a little longer. So trying to get ideas shooting USPSA or IDPA, what to use to prevent my jacket with all the gear I carry on my belt.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      ohnozombeez
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2012
                      • 537

                      I've seen guys use them under armor type long sleeves over there shirts as well but not sure how much warmth that is.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        enzo357
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2009
                        • 559

                        One of my friends got a Voodoo tactical jacket that was both affordable as well as functional. I use old ski jacket, tight enough, warm enough, and light enough.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Kempfer
                          Member
                          • Mar 2010
                          • 176

                          Can you not just wear a warm jacket and take it off when its your turn?

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Eljay
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 4985

                            For USPSA when it's cold... layers. Warm socks. Fleece pants under nylon cargo pants. Warmish shirt, fleece jacket, GoreTex or similar shell over that if it's windy or wet. Take off jacket when on deck and just suck it up. Put it back on as soon as convenient after shooting.

                            If it warms up ditch the fleece pants after a couple of stages, etc. etc.

                            I don't have any trouble with the jacket interfering with the junk on my belt but if you do, just put all that stuff on when you're getting close to your turn.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              ohnozombeez
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2012
                              • 537

                              Today I shot USPSA, and I had a long sleeve cotton shirt and a button up shirt. Mid day, got pretty warm , so I took the long sleeve off and that helped. But if it gets colder, it wa 45 today, I like your idea of suckin it up takn off your jacket when your up then puttin it back on.

                              Thanks for that!!

                              Originally posted by Eljay
                              For USPSA when it's cold... layers. Warm socks. Fleece pants under nylon cargo pants. Warmish shirt, fleece jacket, GoreTex or similar shell over that if it's windy or wet. Take off jacket when on deck and just suck it up. Put it back on as soon as convenient after shooting.

                              If it warms up ditch the fleece pants after a couple of stages, etc. etc.

                              I don't have any trouble with the jacket interfering with the junk on my belt but if you do, just put all that stuff on when you're getting close to your turn.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1