I recently got an e-mail or something about a new clay bird flipper on the market that works really well and is independant of any target. It still needs a target to activate it though. Anybody know what I am talking about
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Clay Bird Flippers
Collapse
X
-
Clay Bird Flippers
Sammy Out!
Tags: None -
-
Yup, Richmond has several of these.. they are very reliable.. We have the 2nd iteration of them and I understand that there will be a more adjustable 3rd iteration in the next few months.. They will throw all targets to a short or tall height, the same every time.. (All targets meaning Rabbits, Standards, Midis and Minis). We were even able to set up throwing two at once from one thrower..
These are the best design I've seen for a target thrower where you want to throw the target to the same place with a full top profile (as opposed to a side profile like most "arm" throwers do).
With a little bit of modification, there could easily be a manually operated remote pull made up for one of these.. figure drilling a small hole in the activating arm and running a cable or small nylon line through a 90 degree screw eye and you should be able to activate it manually like that.. I used a bear trap rigged to a forward falling popper to "yank" the popper forward to trip the nailed down flipper.. It worked well.Last edited by sargenv; 07-09-2013, 3:40 PM.Comment
-
Please get these Sammy. They worked flawlessly at superstition for my squad if that's what you're talking about. They don't flip or tumble or shatter clays at all. The clay goes straight up and straight down with the orange side facing you during its entire trajectory.
I hate losing because props do different things for different shooters.
Comment
-
Bobby
If you want me to get them, then I am definitely NOT getting them.
Just kidding, I ordered two to start with a left and a right.
We will try them this month at X3.Sammy Out!
Comment
-
We will be using at least 4 of them at the Cal Action Shotgun Challenge.. maybe more.. maybe setting them at an angle to get a different presentation.. If you have enough backstop area, think about ordering some mini (60 mm) or midi (90 mm) clays.. they get chucked pretty good even on the lowest setting.Comment
-
They throw low. Consistent. No breakage that I say. But not high enough.
I would have saved my money.Comment
-
It sort of depends on which clay you throw.. for Richmond they are the perfect height on the lowest setting since we can't let any lead shot leave the range. The berms are approx 40 ft high, depending on target thrown, we can either easily breach that height or throw them about 15 ft high.. I haven't even seen what one cranked up to the highest setting will do with a standard clay target.. if we throw a single Mini (60 mm), it will easily breach the top of the berm..Comment
-
Well call me sick... but down south (Pala and WEGC) the clay jumps about 50-70' when they use a full sized popper. I kind of dig those set-ups.Comment
-
seems to be a high rate of broken clays with the MGM's also.
Stage #4 10 poppers with 10 flippers at the Nordic Comp. Practical Shotgun Challenge was thrown out, due to this very problem.C Co. 509th ABN/PFDR
83-85
USPSA CRO
MEMBER: USPSA, GSSF, Richmond Rod & Gun, Sunnyvale Rod & Gun
sigpicComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,153
Posts: 25,144,871
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,510
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 67057 users online. 115 members and 66942 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment