Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

GSSF/ Yolo

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PM720
    Calguns.net Shooting Team
    • Apr 2010
    • 2160

    GSSF/ Yolo

    www.gssfonline.com and emailing or faxing it to 770-437-4719 by Noon EST on Wednesday, March 13th. If you miss the deadline for pre-registration, bring this email to the Walk-Up counter and we will waive the $10 fee. Maps to the range can be found at www.gssfonline.com in the Hot Topics section.

    We look forward to seeing you at the match!
  • #2
    lolkopter
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 687

    wish i could! next time either in reno or richmond

    Comment

    • #3
      Moto
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2011
      • 854

      Since I'm not part of the team,



      NO.
      Freedom in the USA is not the freedom from offense. It is actually the freedom to offend.

      Comment

      • #4
        Lambing
        Junior Member
        • Dec 2012
        • 52

        I'll be there. Hope to meet up with other board members

        Comment

        • #5
          SVI4ME
          Member
          • Jun 2007
          • 321

          Wll be ROing Saturday morning

          Comment

          • #6
            RoundEye
            CGSSA Director
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Mar 2010
            • 3671

            Originally posted by lolkopter
            wish i could! next time either in reno or richmond
            I'm planning on shooting both if all goes well.

            Originally posted by Moto
            Since I'm not part of the team,
            NO.


            I don't recall you indicating your interest when I was recruiting.

            Originally posted by Lambing
            I'll be there. Hope to meet up with other board members
            Originally posted by SVI4ME
            Wll be ROing Saturday morning
            For sure be sure to introduce yourself if you see us mobbing around the match.
            Chad C.
            Certified GLOCK Armorer
            NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, & RSO
            CA DOJ Firearm Safety Instructor


            My YouTube Channel

            Subscribe to my blog
            Check Out My Editorials At Guns.com

            Stand And Fight, Join the NRA!

            Comment

            • #7
              Sennasixty8
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2012
              • 562

              Is it true that sunday is more laid back.. it'll be our first match, and don't want to feel overwhelmed..
              My itrader from 2012 - 2023

              https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...8#post28171038

              Comment

              • #8
                SVI4ME
                Member
                • Jun 2007
                • 321

                Originally posted by Sennasixty8
                Is it true that sunday is more laid back.. it'll be our first match, and don't want to feel overwhelmed..
                Generally sunday has less peeps. Depends when everybody goes to the gun show in Sac though

                Comment

                • #9
                  Sparky21
                  Member
                  • Nov 2012
                  • 105

                  Went today. My first shooting match of any kind. A ton of fun. Everybody was super helpful. The range officers were great.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    SVI4ME
                    Member
                    • Jun 2007
                    • 321

                    RO'd on by 3. 5 to Glock. Good group of people. Not to crowded today. Shot the 21 pretty good today for me

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      softreset
                      Junior Member
                      • Jan 2012
                      • 69

                      I watched for 35-40 minutes at the stations they had setup. Looked like a lot of fun.

                      Station Cluster one was 6 steel discs on a rack
                      Station Cluster two was 3 or 4 cardboard silhouettes and two steel discs
                      Station Cluster three was 5 cardboard silhouettes

                      The shooter's tent kept you in the shade and it looked like everything was on time and efficient.

                      Ran into the Calguns.net team and they had a great round from what I saw.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        RoundEye
                        CGSSA Director
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Mar 2010
                        • 3671

                        Originally posted by softreset
                        I watched for 35-40 minutes at the stations they had setup. Looked like a lot of fun.

                        Station Cluster one was 6 steel discs on a rack
                        Station Cluster two was 3 or 4 cardboard silhouettes and two steel discs
                        Station Cluster three was 5 cardboard silhouettes

                        The shooter's tent kept you in the shade and it looked like everything was on time and efficient.

                        Ran into the Calguns.net team and they had a great round from what I saw.
                        Thanks for coming out to check it out, it was great meeting you. Next time bring a GLOCK some ammo and you can squad with us. The matches turned out pretty good. I don't think it was out best, but we have high hopes that we'll still place well.
                        Chad C.
                        Certified GLOCK Armorer
                        NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, & RSO
                        CA DOJ Firearm Safety Instructor


                        My YouTube Channel

                        Subscribe to my blog
                        Check Out My Editorials At Guns.com

                        Stand And Fight, Join the NRA!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          PM720
                          Calguns.net Shooting Team
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 2160

                          Well, it was a great sunny day with temps in the mid-70's. There were quite a few shooters on Saturday and my partner Roundeye registered on site and was 264 @ 11am. Looks like turnout will be pretty good. Both M and 5toG were Version III. As usual the RO's were great to deal with and very patient with our 19 total divisions in our group.

                          Shooting was so so. I wasn't feeling it when I left the range but when I added up the scores I had personal bests in AmCiv and HM. Not so good in the other divisions though and I tanked Major Sub with 5 plates up. Comp sucked too with a mike on M and a whole lotta penalties but I guess it did the job as the warmup to AmCiv. This was the first outing for the Calguns.net shooting team and I think we did OK with a total score of 259.88. My poor G30 got a workout as I loaned it to a new shooters that used it in 4 divisions plus my 3 and Chad using it in MajSub. At the plates I actually had to pour water on it to cool it down.

                          Here are the gritty details-

                          Comp- 106.56
                          AmCiv- 69.40
                          Unltd- 78.44
                          Sub- 100.21
                          HM- 92.16
                          MajSub- 114.78

                          See y'all in Norco!!

                          Scott

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            choo2x
                            Member
                            • Dec 2012
                            • 295

                            Things I learned shooting GSSF\Yolo with the Calguns.net \ CGSSA Shooting Team

                            The things I learned shooting GSSF\Yolo with the Calguns.net \ CGSSA Shooting Team
                            • Shooting the match was way more fun than I had imagined. It was a great way to spend a day.
                            • No matter how hard I tried to talk myself into going slow in the days leading up to the match, as soon as the first timer went beep, I floored it.
                            • My raw scores (without the penalty time added) barely broke 100 seconds. So, even though I felt like I was going 100 mph with my hair on fire with the adrenaline pumping through me, I wasn't going that fast.
                            • Don't Miss!!! A "Mike" costs you a brutal ten (10) second penalty. I had 33 misses total for the day (18 on the plates in Major Sub - I left five plates standing on one string..lol). I knew beforehand that the penalty for a "Mike" was brutal, but it's easier said than done.
                            • There were a few bright spots during the day.
                              • A 6.34 second clean plate rack.
                              • A nice keyhole double tap on one of the close targets during 5 to GLOCK.
                              • Running a clean GLOCK'M (no misses, just a few minor C & D ring penalties) for the HeavyMetal division.

                            My thanks goes to:
                            • Scott for letting me heat up his smoking hot (literally) G30.
                            • Chad who just said "bring ammo", because you won't just want to watch (when I asked if I could come watch the match).
                            • The entire Calguns.net \ CGSSA Shooting Team for allowing me to make their day longer and for all the great advice during the match.
                            • The staff running the GSSF match at Yolo Sportsman's Association for making a newbie feel very comfortable shooting the match.
                            • Both Scott and Chad for helping me reload magazines during my GLOCK the Plates courses.

                            It was also nice meeting other Calguns.net members (Bonnie, Tom, Willie and Jaime). It was fun at dinner on Friday and Saturday nights just to sit and listen. Thanks for letting me a fly on the wall and absorb all the information.

                            Shelton

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              softreset
                              Junior Member
                              • Jan 2012
                              • 69

                              Originally posted by RoundEye
                              Thanks for coming out to check it out, it was great meeting you. Next time bring a GLOCK some ammo and you can squad with us. The matches turned out pretty good. I don't think it was out best, but we have high hopes that we'll still place well.
                              It was my pleasure. YSA is my home range so I'm out there every weekend shooting rifle or shotgun. What absolutely perfect weather ya'll had to shoot and it looked like the RSOs and support staff were keeping things timely and efficient.

                              The head RSO for Yolo offered several times to put a Glock in my hand and ammo in my bag but I resisted. I'm afraid I'll fall in love and I have a hard enough supporting my shotgun and target rimfire addition.

                              Best of luck to ya'll the rest of the season/year.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1