Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    What Just Happened?
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2007
    • 2504

    Originally posted by ar15barrels
    It's really not that complicated.
    Get a holster, mags, mag holders and some ammo.
    Show up at local matches.
    Ask the match director to put you with someone that will teach you the ropes.

    I have helped dozens of new shooters.
    I actually have a complete setup including guns that I loan out to get people started.
    If anyone's down in Orange County, the SSA group and the Norco Running Gun/Gen-x IPSC club have holsters and mag holders for people to borrow. I know that the SSA group also has magazines for loan for the more common pistols. I've borrowed their 1911 magazines and know for certain that they have XD-40 magazines for lending.

    Comment

    • #17
      airwolfipsc@yahoo.com
      Member
      • Mar 2008
      • 100

      I will be there shooting IPSC. i will stop by and check it out. Should bring out my glock. any prizes?? how much to enter?

      Comment

      • #18
      • #19
        What Just Happened?
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2007
        • 2504

        Wow. Sorry to hear that your tactical matches are so infrequent. Between Raahauges and Prado, there's almost a shooting match every Saturday and Sunday.

        Comment

        • #20
          ar15barrels
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2006
          • 57182

          Originally posted by What Just Happened?
          So I just spent about an hour reading through the GSSF rules.
          I don't own any glocks that would be legal and competetive in the stock classes.
          Nor do I own a full blown open gun as I would expect to see in unlimited.
          Looks like I'm "stuck in the middle".

          I would have to put some stock type parts back into my 17 to run in Civilian...
          Last edited by ar15barrels; 04-01-2008, 9:33 PM.
          Randall Rausch

          AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
          Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
          Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
          Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
          Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

          Comment

          • #21
            What Just Happened?
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2007
            • 2504

            Hope you do well. I was reading that the placing is kinda strange in GSSF matches. They arrange the entries in descending order of their score and then chop them up into three or four equal sized divisions and then hand out prizes according to those divisions.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1