Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Competition Mag Pouches

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sheperd80
    Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 431

    Competition Mag Pouches

    Hey folks. Im getting into idpa/uspsa competitions and need some gear advice.

    Im running a production m&p 9 with blade tech holster and fobus paddle dual mag pouch on a super tactical walmart leather belt. This suits me just fine for idpa but i want atleast 4 mag carriers for uspsa.

    Ive tried wearing 2 dual mag paddles and its just not comfortable, so i figured id start buying decent competition pouches to add to what ive got.

    Im looking mainly at single pouches with adjustable angle and belt size.

    Any opinions on the blade tech pro series competition pouches?

    I looked at cr speed and from the pics they looked like they fit only one belt size, is that true?

    Anything out there a little cheaper? Everything im seeing is $35+

    Any other suggestions?

    Thanks for your help.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
  • #2
    enzo357
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 559

    Hate to say it, but do not go cheap. All that happens is you end up buying good stuff later and wasting money and time.
    Currently using cr speed pouches, comp-tac holster, and a double alpha belt for single stack and production. Pouches will fit different belts.
    Limited went with the double alpha range master set up, excellent equipment.
    Good luck.

    Comment

    • #3
      HighLander51
      Banned
      • Feb 2010
      • 5144

      Get a Wilderness Tactical Original Instructors belt and Blade Tech single mag pouches. That way it will work for both IDPA and USPSA. You can buy cheap to start, but you just ending up spending more later for the good stuff.

      Comment

      • #4
        kmca
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 2371

        I use CR Speed pouches for some set ups because those were the first I bought. I prefer either Safariland 771's or 773's on my Limited (4), Open (4), Production (5), single stack rigs (5) and 3 gun (3). I think I got some from Optics Planet for about $20 each.

        Comment

        • #5
          DRAB_81
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2009
          • 2482

          Check out Ready Tactical, or Tactical Kydex over on GlockTalk. I have a bunch from Tactical Kydex, he'll get you 2 for $20 shipped. I'm running a comptac double + 3 Tactical Kydex pouches for Production & 3 DAA pouches on my Limited rig.

          Comment

          • #6
            thebriarman
            Junior Member
            • Jun 2010
            • 93

            The best mag pouches available are the Ky-Tac. Built by a national competitor for competition. They're tough to find but well worth it. Try http://www.kytac.com/. You can actually call and talk to David but you can also expect to have a wait.
            Join the NRA![SIGPIC]
            James 1:22

            Comment

            • #7
              Sheperd80
              Member
              • Mar 2012
              • 431

              Ok thanks for the help everyone. Sent an email to tactical kydex. His stuff looks great.

              Im thinking i can supplement my fobus paddle with 2 of his singles to get me started in uspsa, then later ill get 2 better ones to replace the fobus. Something with adjustable cant for the front and ill put the straight tactical kydex ones in the back.

              Im liking the idea of the bladetech pros. Adjustable cant, belt size, ride height and retention sounds like a winner. And i love my bladetech holster.

              Those CR speed rigs look pretty nice too though. I guess ill just have to run a few more matches and figure out what i really want.

              Love this forum u guys r awesome. Id be lost without Calguns!

              Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
              Last edited by Sheperd80; 06-17-2012, 11:27 AM.

              Comment

              • #8
                gobabygo
                Member
                • Apr 2003
                • 303

                Check out the Ghost 360 mag pouch. It has both adjustable cant and belt size and they're only $25 each at Shooters Connection. These are USPSA legal, but NOT IDPA legal.

                Comment

                • #9
                  jhaselton
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 512

                  I run the Blade-Tech Single Mag pouches with Tek-Lok for USPSA production division, Multigun matches, or IDPA and the Pro Series Competition for USPSA Limited division. I've never had a problem with them.

                  If you plan on shooting USPSA production I'm pretty sure you can't have your magazine pouches angled at all. You can buy the adjustable ones but they'll need to be run straight up. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Davidoff
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 773

                    Jared-

                    There is no rule about the angle of the mag pouches in production. The position of the mag must be behind the hip bone as in appendix E3 of the USPSA Handgun rulebook.

                    The problem is that by the time you get five or six pouches on the belt behind the hip bone, there isn't enough room to angle them without going around the back beyond the spine. I'm a pretty skinny guy and my 6th mag is already located right around my spine even without an angle!

                    Back to the subject of the thread, I have been using two of the tactical kydex pouches for the front two mags, and blade tech double pouches for the other four mags. I'm happy with the tactical kydex pouches, but the belt clip on them tends to flex and bend a little bit, especially shooting Limited or Multigun with a 23 round 9mm mag. I have been eyeing the CR speed pouches for a while, but I have a hard time spending $33 each when I need 6 of them. The Safariland 773 is another good option.
                    Last edited by Davidoff; 06-18-2012, 2:27 PM.
                    He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression.
                    -- Thomas Paine

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Sheperd80
                      Member
                      • Mar 2012
                      • 431

                      The bladetech double was my first and i didnt like the way the retention screw was in the middle. You put in one mag and the whole thing rocks and makes the other pouch tighter. So i took it back.

                      Those ghost 360s look pretty nice i like that belt clip style.



                      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
                      Last edited by Sheperd80; 06-18-2012, 2:59 PM.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        uscbigdawg
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2007
                        • 1869

                        Shep,

                        Keep it simple with good gear, that's affordable.

                        CR Speed belt and mag pouches. Bladetech or Ghost holster. We can get you setup at a great price. Hit me up with any questions. I'll be at the shop in 30 minutes.

                        Rich
                        "Speed is a tactic!" - R.W.

                        "Pressure is what you feel when you don't know what you're doing." - Chuck Knox

                        "The callus on my finger is from my trigger, not the keyboard!" - Rob Leatham

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Bunsen
                          Member
                          • Feb 2012
                          • 187

                          I try to run the same gear for USPSA production division and IDPA so that switching between the two is easier and it helps keep the wife happy.
                          "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
                          - Pericles

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Sheperd80
                            Member
                            • Mar 2012
                            • 431

                            Yeah thats why im leaning towards the bladetech pros. I can stand em straight up and theyre idpa legal i believe.

                            My first ipsc is tomorrow, cant wait!


                            Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Bobby Hated
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2010
                              • 1616

                              double alpha makes a cheap plastic single adjustable mag pouch. they come in 3 packs too i think.
                              USPSA Master TY-71084

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1