Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

IDPA Calendar

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sheperd80
    Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 431

    IDPA Calendar

    Did my first IDPA here in Fresno, did way better than expected, now i'm hooked! I wanna do a few more local club matches then go to something bigger.

    But where can i find a good list of all the california sanctioned and/or special matches? The IDPA site lists some major matches but it doesnt include alot of the regionals that ive seen on individual club websites. Is that the only way i can find them all?

    And whats a postal match?

    Thanks for any help.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
  • #2
  • #3
    HighLander51
    Banned
    • Feb 2010
    • 5144

    Originally posted by Sheperd80
    And whats a postal match?
    A match ran all over the country at different clubs with the exact same stages, it would be like shooting GSSF or Steel Challenge, no matter where you go, the same (available) stages are run.

    Comment

    • #4
      speedrrracer
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2011
      • 3355

      Never seen anyone try to compile a list of matches for all of California. IDPA lists all the sanctioned matches, so you can find those on their site.

      For local matches, your best bet is to get the calendars from all the clubs at which you might want to compete. This day and age, almost all clubs have websites with their calendars posted, although they vary in terms of accuracy so call / email ahead before committing...

      What's a special match?

      A postal match happens once a year. IDPA sends out the stages, and each club sets them up according to the specifications. The upshot is that entire world is, in theory, competing at the same match. Each club then sends the results back in to IDPA, and the results are all tabulated and made available, so you can see how you did in a (theoretically) large-scale match.

      Comment

      • #5
        Sheperd80
        Member
        • Mar 2012
        • 431

        Originally posted by speedrrracer
        Never seen anyone try to compile a list of matches for all of California. IDPA lists all the sanctioned matches, so you can find those on their site.

        For local matches, your best bet is to get the calendars from all the clubs at which you might want to compete. This day and age, almost all clubs have websites with their calendars posted, although they vary in terms of accuracy so call / email ahead before committing...

        What's a special match?
        .
        Thats what i figured, so i went through and bookmarked all the clubs i would b willing to drive to so i can keep checking their schedules.

        I dont think all the sanctioned matches are on that IDPA page. Theres a regional in sacramento in october that isnt on there. And theres no state championship for cali listed.

        By special match i just meant anything other than a basic monthly club match, sanctioned or not.

        Postal match sounds interesting. Thanks for your help!


        Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

        Comment

        • #6
          missiondude
          Senior Member
          • May 2008
          • 1646

          Originally posted by Sheperd80
          Thats what i figured, so i went through and bookmarked all the clubs i would b willing to drive to so i can keep checking their schedules.

          I dont think all the sanctioned matches are on that IDPA page. Theres a regional in sacramento in october that isnt on there. And theres no state championship for cali listed.

          By special match i just meant anything other than a basic monthly club match, sanctioned or not.

          Postal match sounds interesting. Thanks for your help!


          Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
          They list the sanctioned matches as they are approved, with a little delay. There is no Cali State match listed as no club has stepped up to host it. I hear it is tons of work. Richmond, which just hosted a regional had hosted it 4 out of the last 5 years and got burnt out I think. The 2 clubs I shoot IDPA at are too small to hold a major. You pretty much need at least 6 shooting bays that can handle shooters at the same time without delay.
          sigpicThe right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The original common sense gun law...

          Comment

          • #7
            Lumpy8
            Member
            • Dec 2009
            • 320

            Check this link out.

            Gryff has posted updates regularly.

            Gryff has possibly missed the last month, being that he was pre-occupied with putting together the Richmond Regional.

            Thanks Gryff for this service.

            Leo

            Comment

            • #8
              Gryff
              I need a LIFE!!
              • May 2006
              • 12693

              Yeah, I missed the May list for NorCal events. I'll post July's in about 10 days. If you subscribe to the May thread, I'll post there with a link to July when it is up.
              My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

              Comment

              • #9
                Sheperd80
                Member
                • Mar 2012
                • 431

                Perfect! You are the man Gryff this is exactly what i was lookin for. Maybe by october ill be ready to go get my *** kicked at a regional match

                Like i said before my first club match, as long as i dont fall down, drop anything, or shoot anything that isnt a target, and beat atleast 1 person.... ill be happy.

                Subscribed


                Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

                Comment

                • #10
                  Gryff
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • May 2006
                  • 12693

                  Here is the July list for NorCal matches:

                  My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

                  Comment

                  • #11
                    Sheperd80
                    Member
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 431

                    Originally posted by Gryff
                    Here is the July list for NorCal matches:

                    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?p=8823627
                    Cool thanks. Hopefully i can go to every ccpl club match for awhile. First one was great.

                    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

                    Comment

                    • #12
                      reckoner
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 721

                      Man, I really wish there were more frequent IDPA matches in the Bay Area. Some of the clubs around here only run IDPA matches every month, or even every other month.

                      I miss being able to shoot at least 2X times a month in Southern California without having to drive too far.

                      Oh well, I guess I have a good excuse to try USPSA Production.

                      Comment

                      • #13
                        Gryff
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • May 2006
                        • 12693

                        Originally posted by reckoner
                        Man, I really wish there were more frequent IDPA matches in the Bay Area. Some of the clubs around here only run IDPA matches every month, or even every other month.

                        I miss being able to shoot at least 2X times a month in Southern California without having to drive too far.

                        Oh well, I guess I have a good excuse to try USPSA Production.
                        Yeah, unfortunately the only Bay Area range that has IDPA is Richmond, and they are primarily a USPSA club. It's a shame that no other local clubs offer IDPA.
                        My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

                        Comment

                        • #14
                          reckoner
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2011
                          • 721

                          Originally posted by Gryff
                          It's a shame that no other local clubs offer IDPA.
                          Any idea why that is?

                          Comment

                          • #15
                            HighLander51
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2010
                            • 5144

                            Originally posted by reckoner
                            Any idea why that is?
                            Like all matches, it takes 5 or 6 dedicated like minded shooters. Some likes IDPA, some likes USPSA, some likes Steel Challenge, and so on. Typically you will find far more USPSA clubs, so shoot whatever match is closest to you.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1