Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

USPSA

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SG29736
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2009
    • 1163

    USPSA

    A buddy I used to work with called and he and his 13 year old daughter are interested in shooting USPSA. He has a spot at his dad's property with a small range. I'm not a top shooter as far as shooting lessons or anything. But I explained the match procedures when you show up to the range. I ran her through some simple scenarios shooting a few targets then reloading on the move to another spot and shooting a couple more. Used all the range commands as if at a match.

    The basics of muzzle control and finger outside the trigger guard until you're up and shooting. Her dad is recovering from double hip repacement. She shot well putting hits in the A zone and hitting the mini popper. It was a good introduction I think. I also talked about the work of setting up a match and what's expected of shooters resetting and tearing down at the end.
  • #2
    broadside
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2016
    • 1530

    What area are you located?

    Comment

    • #3
      SG29736
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2009
      • 1163

      Northern Ca. I shoot monthlies at 3 clubs. Redding, Red Bluff and Gridley. All within an hour of me.

      Comment

      • #4
        Mayor McRifle
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2013
        • 7771

        She needs to find a “new to competitive shooting” class at a local club. It will give her everything she needs to know to compete safely, and most matches require it for inexperienced competitive shooters.
        Anchors Aweigh

        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          SG29736
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2009
          • 1163

          Thanks. They have those down in Richmond. I'm not sure when dad thinks they will actually get started if they follow through. The clubs I mentioned don't have or require that. But any new shooters meet with a club representative before the match and get some instruction. A lot of what I covered for them that day. Her dad is a ccw instructor but hasn't competed.

          Recently there was a first time competitor. Initially they listed him as first shooter on the stage. The match director said, no, move him down in the order, he's new. The shooter acted like he was comfortable and ready to go first. But they moved him to last shooter. He was safe but did need to see other shooters before he got up there.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1