Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Training Videos

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    ramzar
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2009
    • 1354

    Another great DVD set is Ron Avery: Secrets of a Professional Shooter. A few dull moments in the combined Parts 1, 2-3 but he covers well how to accurately deliver hits with speed and especially good cadence. The production value of the DVD is not the greatest but the contents are even though some of it is dated.

    It came to mind when I got this great article of his today: 8 tips for bringing the gunfight to the range

    Last edited by ramzar; 02-21-2012, 3:49 PM. Reason: DVD Photo
    Their drills are bloodless battles, and their battles bloody drills.
    - Historian Josephus (AD 37-101) on the Roman military

    Comment

    • #32
      Matt P
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2006
      • 3101

      Excellent job Ram and Super on outing some of the other great resources for training info. It is good to see some of the less common DVDs brought up and offered as a resource.
      I will echo Ram on Kyles second book on handgun. As well written for the handgun as the rifle. Those two books are a must for those who consider themselves a student.
      My WTB of Anything Glock 1-2 Generation, Tupperware, Manuals or Parts. Press Me

      Comment

      • #33
        Outta Control
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2010
        • 2383

        Originally posted by SuperSet
        From the Bay Area, I've taken courses from both LMS Defense and Stone Cobra Tactical. Both offered good, solid training. However, I think LMS Defense moved to Idaho and Stone Cobra doesn't exist anymore. Sorry, I can't be of anymore help here so some of the Bay Area folks will have to jump in here.
        Some of the LMS instructors have formed a new training company called Paladin Training and Spartan Concepts and Consulting. I will be taking a low light home CQB course in 2 weeks.
        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
        George Orwell

        Comment

        • #34
          ZombieTactics
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2010
          • 3691

          Originally posted by gesundheit
          Anyone can comment on Magpul's (Travis Haley and Chris Costa) "Art of Tactical Carbine Vol 1" and Travis Haley's "Make Ready - Adaptive Carbine".
          ...
          One of the things I find fascinating are the subtle differences between "MagPul Doctrine" and "Haley Doctrine".

          It's also one of the things I find useful about having trained at so many places and having a pretty big video & book collection. There is no "ONE WAY", but rather a lot of ways which pretty well. Ultimately you get to the point where you either:
          1. Choose a hero and follow him.
          2. Pick-n-Choose carefully among various techniques.


          I choose 'B', but don't think there is necessarily a problem with choice 'A' either.
          |
          sigpic
          I don't pretend to be an "authority." I'm just a guy who trains a lot, shoots a lot and has a perspective.

          Check the ZombieTactics Channel on YouTube for all sorts of gun-related goodness CLICK HERE

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1