Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Tactical Training in CA!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Brown_Bomber
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2007
    • 506

    Tactical Training in CA!

    I had to share a great experience with LMS Defense. I took the Rifle 1 and Pistol 1. It is nothing like the boring GUNSITE classes. These rock! bounding, peels, etc....
    Check them out for sure:


    They even allow you to personally host a course in your area.
    This is not a plug. I seriously had a blast learning next to some of the top gunfighters in the business and I didn't have to travel out of state.
    40
    Not really. I'm a couch poser. Discovery Channel..
    0%
    2
    Yes. Back when Clinton was in office.
    0%
    1
    Yes. I shoot paper at a range, 1 shot per 10 seconds.
    0%
    11
    My guns are tools. I work them often, and im ready.
    0%
    26

    The poll is expired.

    sigpic
    Where am I? Why is everyone wearing gray and eating Soilent Green? What is that stuff made of?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s15Pv...e_gdata_player
    جئت تشيو اللبان "فقاعة" أو إعطاء دفعة قوية الحمار. لدي الآن أي صمغ "فقاعة"!
  • #2
    chris
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Apr 2006
    • 19452

    i would love to take these classes but the prereq classes are not need for my taste. since i have practiced and used in Iraq. there are some great classes out there but no time.
    http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
    sigpic
    Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
    contact the governor
    https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
    In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
    NRA Life Member.

    Comment

    • #3
      AlohaM4
      Member
      • Feb 2007
      • 142

      Originally posted by Brown_Bomber
      I had to share a great experience with LMS Defense. I took the Rifle 1 and Pistol 1. It is nothing like the boring GUNSITE classes. These rock! bounding, peels, etc....
      Check them out for sure:


      They even allow you to personally host a course in your area.
      This is not a plug. I seriously had a blast learning next to some of the top gunfighters in the business and I didn't have to travel out of state.
      Yo Bomber
      Does that mean that Chappy is no longer with Tactical Response?

      Comment

      • #4
        chickenfried
        Calguns Addict
        • Oct 2005
        • 7160

        Have you taken classes at gunsite? Could we get a a more detailed comparison, please. It would be pretty cool to save on out of state travel expenses.


        Originally posted by Brown_Bomber
        I had to share a great experience with LMS Defense. I took the Rifle 1 and Pistol 1. It is nothing like the boring GUNSITE classes. These rock! bounding, peels, etc....
        Check them out for sure:


        They even allow you to personally host a course in your area.
        This is not a plug. I seriously had a blast learning next to some of the top gunfighters in the business and I didn't have to travel out of state.
        Originally posted by victor1echo
        Hollywood is satan!!!!
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          VeryCoolCat
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Feb 2006
          • 11275

          I know how to shoot... how to clean em... and if necesary will use them in my defense.

          I've never taken classes, Never been through military or combat training... and I havn't practiced running around my house pretending to clear it out like I bet some people have here
          Originally posted by Kestryll
          The volume of blood necessary to achieve erection would cause you to either pass out or if you didn't and managed to maintain an erection you would likely die from lack of oxygen to the heart and brain.
          Originally posted by ivanimal
          Just be glad you are not his next door neighbor. I am sure there are "good tunes" flowing out the window. I am imagining a cop car pulling up at 1:30 AM asking "Are you having a party?" and Bundo sayin "Nope just me and the BG's"

          Comment

          • #6
            grywlfbg
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2006
            • 988

            Cool. Yeah, the Carbine I course looks interesting but there isn't one scheduled in the Bay Area I sent them to a note to ask if they'll add one.

            Comment

            • #7
              Brown_Bomber
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2007
              • 506

              We fight how we train.

              Originally posted by VeryCoolCat
              I know how to shoot... how to clean em... and if necesary will use them in my defense.

              I've never taken classes, Never been through military or combat training... and I havn't practiced running around my house pretending to clear it out like I bet some people have here
              Gunfighting is like everything else, you have to have the most realistic scenarios in order to not get fogged out when the real deal happens.

              Im not knocking Gunsite. But when I spend my money I want to learn how to end a life of someone hell bent on ending mine. Legallity is very important, but it should be second when your life is on the line.. Right?
              Train hard partner. But please make sure it is with a reputable trainer. You probably are not aware of what you dont know. But once you see, you'll know.
              sigpic
              Where am I? Why is everyone wearing gray and eating Soilent Green? What is that stuff made of?
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s15Pv...e_gdata_player
              جئت تشيو اللبان "فقاعة" أو إعطاء دفعة قوية الحمار. لدي الآن أي صمغ "فقاعة"!

              Comment

              • #8
                Chappy
                Junior Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 69

                Thank for the kind words guys.

                Originally posted by chris
                i would love to take these classes but the prereq classes are not need for my taste. since i have practiced and used in Iraq. there are some great classes out there but no time.
                Chris,

                We often waive pre-reqs for squared away guys.

                All,

                I am working on a bay area Carbine 1 course by popular demand.

                Just for the record, we recommend people train with multiple high quality trainers. Nobody has all the answers, and we want you to be well-rounded. We recommend Gunsite, among others, for others to train with. We teach different things.
                John Chapman
                LMS Defense
                http://LMSDefense.com
                http://blog.lmsdefense.com
                831-236-4690
                JohnChapman@LMSDefense.com

                Comment

                • #9
                  grammaton76
                  Administrator
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Dec 2005
                  • 9511

                  Eh, I shoot mine at a range, but it's more like 1/sec. No stupid rapid fire rules at my range.
                  Primary author of gunwiki.net - 'like' it on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gunwiki/242578512591 to see whenever new content gets added!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    pinheadbob2002
                    Junior Member
                    • Jun 2003
                    • 75

                    Originally posted by Chappy
                    Thank for the kind words guys.



                    Chris,

                    We often waive pre-reqs for squared away guys.

                    All,

                    I am working on a bay area Carbine 1 course by popular demand.

                    Just for the record, we recommend people train with multiple high quality trainers. Nobody has all the answers, and we want you to be well-rounded. We recommend Gunsite, among others, for others to train with. We teach different things.
                    very cool - and great info.
                    Does your AK class fill up fast? Is there a hotel near yout Casa Grande, AZ
                    class?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      MaceWindu
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 1220

                      I have personally been trained by and trained with John Chapman in many classes.

                      He is a consumate professional. He has put together a superb instructor cadre that is very well rounded. I have many of his classes in my future.

                      Owning a gun and learning to FIGHT with a gun are night and day.


                      Mace
                      "Superior gear will never make up for a lack of training or attitude"

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Chappy
                        Junior Member
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 69

                        Originally posted by pinheadbob2002
                        very cool - and great info.
                        Does your AK class fill up fast? Is there a hotel near yout Casa Grande, AZ
                        class?
                        The AK classes fill up almost immediately. There are several hotels near Casa Grande. When you register, you automatically get an e-mail listing them.

                        Thanks
                        John Chapman
                        LMS Defense
                        http://LMSDefense.com
                        http://blog.lmsdefense.com
                        831-236-4690
                        JohnChapman@LMSDefense.com

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1