Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Equipment for two gun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • prc77
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 2578

    Equipment for two gun

    Carbine & Pistol matches. What type of rifle mag holders are recommended for the local events, Chabot and Richmond. I shoot long guns left handed and pistols right handed. Everything on the belt or look into some type of chest rig.

    My carbine is a Mini14
    C Co. 509th ABN/PFDR
    83-85

    USPSA CRO
    MEMBER: USPSA, GSSF, Richmond Rod & Gun, Sunnyvale Rod & Gun


    sigpic
  • #2
    joelogic
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2008
    • 6593

    Richmond doesnt have matches like chabot does. So you would really be buying equipment for 1 match a month unless you wanted to compete in regular 3-gun around the state. Get any mag holder that is in your budget since we are all out there for fun anyway. A simple chest carrier or belt mags. Solar Tactical makes kydex mag holsters or I use 2 single pouches from Tactical tailor.
    Micro/Mini Reflex Red Dot Sight Mount for the M1, M1a/M14 platform

    Comment

    • #3
      prc77
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 2578

      Originally posted by joelogic
      Richmond doesnt have matches like chabot does. So you would really be buying equipment for 1 match a month unless you wanted to compete in regular 3-gun around the state. Get any mag holder that is in your budget since we are all out there for fun anyway. A simple chest carrier or belt mags. Solar Tactical makes kydex mag holsters or I use 2 single pouches from Tactical tailor.
      Do you use the Fast Mag type
      C Co. 509th ABN/PFDR
      83-85

      USPSA CRO
      MEMBER: USPSA, GSSF, Richmond Rod & Gun, Sunnyvale Rod & Gun


      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        uscbigdawg
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2007
        • 1869

        Getting a hold of some shell holders from California Comp Works will take care of your shotgun needs. For the rifle, I'm pretty sure the mini's mags are close enough to the AR to use mag pouches. CCW (same company as above) has some really nice nylon mag pouches that are designed for AR mags, but will EASILY and safely secure Mini mags.

        Rich
        "Speed is a tactic!" - R.W.

        "Pressure is what you feel when you don't know what you're doing." - Chuck Knox

        "The callus on my finger is from my trigger, not the keyboard!" - Rob Leatham

        Comment

        • #5
          joelogic
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2008
          • 6593

          I dont use fast mags because we dont require mag retention. I use regular cloth ones but I may upgrade to them some day.
          Micro/Mini Reflex Red Dot Sight Mount for the M1, M1a/M14 platform

          Comment

          • #6
            prc77
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 2578

            Originally posted by uscbigdawg
            Getting a hold of some shell holders from California Comp Works will take care of your shotgun needs. For the rifle, I'm pretty sure the mini's mags are close enough to the AR to use mag pouches. CCW (same company as above) has some really nice nylon mag pouches that are designed for AR mags, but will EASILY and safely secure Mini mags.

            Rich
            Rich
            I have the CCW shot shell holders and the are fine. In fact going to order two more of the 6 rounders next week. I'll look into there mag holders too.
            Chris
            C Co. 509th ABN/PFDR
            83-85

            USPSA CRO
            MEMBER: USPSA, GSSF, Richmond Rod & Gun, Sunnyvale Rod & Gun


            sigpic

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1