Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

delete

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • new cal shooter
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2006
    • 752

    delete

    delete
    4
    Yes
    0%
    2
    No
    0%
    0
    I want to build one
    0%
    2
  • #2
    Gunaria
    Banned
    • Jan 2007
    • 3894

    Here's an idea, more like a pic.

    Comment

    • #3
      zrock
      Member
      • Aug 2008
      • 274

      Looks good. Stay with rimfire ,that steel bar looks thin.

      Comment

      • #4
        sargenv
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 4620

        A reset bar might cost you as much in weight. I'll see if I can remember to take pictures of the plate racks we have at the range and post those after this weekend..

        Comment

        • #5
          new cal shooter
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2006
          • 752

          Excellent, any pictures would be appreciated, I'm thinking on making the reset bar removeable too.

          Comment

          • #6
            bohoki
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2006
            • 20826

            you could make the reset bar out of some plywood and door hinges

            i wouldnt use metal unless i had too the legs i woudl have made of wood probably 2x4's ripped in half

            Comment

            • #7
              domokun
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2008
              • 3525

              Use a thick rope attached to chain on the rack that's attached to a hidden reset bar. Pull rope + chain to reset?
              "Can our form of government, our system of justice, survive if one can be denied a freedom because he might abuse it?" --Harlon Carter
              "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." --Gerald Ford
              "Government is essentially the negation of liberty." --Ludwig von Mises
              "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." --Admiral Yamamoto
              USS Hornet ARC Member.

              sigpic
              Join today?

              Comment

              • #8
                JamesY
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2006
                • 2652

                Originally posted by domokun
                Use a thick rope attached to chain on the rack that's attached to a hidden reset bar. Pull rope + chain to reset?
                +1. Probably the only option. Have you shot them yet? If not, you might need to put adjustment screws/nuts on each plate depending on how "hot" your loads are. If a 9mm can knock them down, then I wouldn't worry about it uless you're shooting something smaller.

                Comment

                • #9
                  new cal shooter
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 752

                  Have yet to test them out, but i may have to lean them a bit more fwd, when i toss the right hand side one down, the one next to it falls, so I'll grind the "Lip" that sits against the fwd rail to have it lean further toward the shooter.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    gadjeep
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2009
                    • 1942

                    I have built a couple racks and for my next one I'm going to use remote control and a gear reduction motor to actuate the reset bar. Where are you located? I'd love to commisurate (latin for drink beer and make sparks ) on some more reactive target ideas. I'm in the east bay.
                    STUFF I HAVE FOR SALE! SCOPE RINGS, Man CAVE FRIDGE, ETC
                    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...30#post7299330
                    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=487541

                    STUFF I WANT TO BUY! Glock 20, Marlin model 39

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      new cal shooter
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 752

                      Wow! Auto reset nice! Located in Sant Rosa, Got some pics to post? like to see what your currently using to reset, thanks!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        gadjeep
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2009
                        • 1942

                        I'll be glad to put some pixs up this weekend. I'm actually going to get some more steel tomorrow am to build a dueling tree. What calibers and distances are you shooting or planning to shoot?
                        STUFF I HAVE FOR SALE! SCOPE RINGS, Man CAVE FRIDGE, ETC
                        http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...30#post7299330
                        http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=487541

                        STUFF I WANT TO BUY! Glock 20, Marlin model 39

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          new cal shooter
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2006
                          • 752

                          Look fwd to pic's! Mostly looking at 9mm maybe some 22 / .45 on occasion, 38 spl, maybe 25 yards?

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            gadjeep
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2009
                            • 1942

                            I built my last two targets (1 swinger, 1 falling plate) with 7/16" cold rolled mild steel plates and non magnum FMJ (9mm, 45 acp, 45 lc, 38sp, 38 wcf) doesn't even scratch it at 10 yards. I don't believe it would hold up well to any HV rifle rounds but even hot 44 mag round only put a slight dimple in it at close range. You'll find that 22 won't knock the plates down, so make sure you build in enough angle of deflection (I use 15/20deg +-) or they'll be coming right back at you. With that angle you end up with a pile of lead and jackets on the ground about 2-3 feet in front of the target.

                            Its so much fun shooting steel that its kind of a drag going to the regular range again!
                            STUFF I HAVE FOR SALE! SCOPE RINGS, Man CAVE FRIDGE, ETC
                            http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...30#post7299330
                            http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=487541

                            STUFF I WANT TO BUY! Glock 20, Marlin model 39

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              new cal shooter
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 752

                              Been working on my CJ5 brakes / master (i've been the slave) cylinder, and now i'm going to get back to plate work! Post picks of my final product or just progress..

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1