Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

PCC Red Dot Setup Ideas?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Scratch705
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2009
    • 12537

    PCC Red Dot Setup Ideas?

    Hello All,

    I am about to start my foray into PCC division in USPSA/IPSC and i'm wondering what kind of red dot setups are most of you guys are using?

    And also what kind of style, ie: tube or reflex is preferred?

    i don't have much if any experience with using red dots. I heard tube red dots can restrict peripheral view and also some have eye relief positioning that one must consider when mounting it that reflex style sights do not have to deal with.

    My budget is $300 max (including any mounts if needed to be purchased separately) even though i'm sure most will claim the mantra "buy once cry once" but i'm not competing to be in nationals. i'm only completing to have a fun day at the range with friends, and shooting in a more dynamic setting.

    i was leaning towards the c-more sight if going with reflex and a PA MD-ADS if going with tube. the sight will be mounted on a zenith z5 carbine and i am mounting it to clear the iron sights completely.
    Last edited by Scratch705; 09-06-2017, 12:49 PM.
    Originally posted by leelaw
    Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
    Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
    Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
    Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
    Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
  • #2
    Mazdaspeed Jon
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 863

    Originally posted by Scratch705
    Hello All,

    I am about to start my foray into PCC division in USPSA/IPSC and i'm wondering what kind of red dot setups are most of you guys are using?

    And also what kind of style, ie: tube or reflex is preferred?

    i don't have much if any experience with using red dots. I heard tube red dots can restrict peripheral view and also some have eye relief positioning that one must consider when mounting it that reflex style sights do not have to deal with.

    My budget is $300 max (including any mounts if needed to be purchased separately) even though i'm sure most will claim the mantra "buy once cry once" but i'm not competing to be in nationals. i'm only completing to have a fun day at the range with friends, and shooting in a more dynamic setting.

    i was leaning towards the c-more sight if going with reflex and a PA MD-ADS if going with tube. the sight will be mounted on a zenith z5 carbine and i am mounting it to clear the iron sights completely.
    A lot of us really like running the C-More Railway. It has one of the most open fields of view you can get and has zero magnification. You can also quickly and easily change the size of your dot with a $50 diode if you decide you want a different dot size. Personally, I run the big 8 MOA dot for fast acquisition.
    sigpic
    USPSA# TY83392 - Limited A/PCC B/Limited-10 B/Production B/Single Stack B
    Follow me on Facebook
    Visit the Deadwood Boys Club Page for DWB USPSA matches held every 1st and 3rd Sunday, URL Rifle Match held on the 2nd Sunday, and UML Multi-Gun Match held on the 4th Sunday in Lake Piru, CA (Near Los Angeles/Ventura)

    Comment

    • #3
    • #4
      AR-PISTOLCALIBER
      Banned
      • Apr 2016
      • 260

      I run Burris FF3 on both my USPSA PCC guns, and on my steel match special.
      I prefer a brightness adjustment over dot size adjustment.
      Important to me for both for both indoor/outdoor use.

      Since you don't have experience....go to matches and see what they are using.
      Watch matches on youtube and see what they are using.
      Then read red dot threads on forums where USPSA and PCC's are discussed alot...like Brian Enos.



      _

      Comment

      • #5
        1911Luvr
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2010
        • 1824

        PCC Red Dot Setup Ideas?

        I run the C-more railway optic for steel challenge and USPSA because it offers a very thin housing that makes target acquisition faster as it doesn't interfere with my peripheral vision. I use a Vortex Sparc on my 3gun 9mm upper which works well enough out to 200 yards since that is the farthest we can shoot at our range.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I voted against Obama before it was cool.

        Originally posted by 1911Luvr
        I beg to differ. The full length dust cover rail makes a world of difference in the "when I run out of bullets I'm going to beat you to death with the pistol" look that causes bad guys to run in fear, and lesser men to feel inadequate. It looks just plain beastly and the extra heft up front does help manage recoil a bit better. Plus, an angel told me that when God called JMB to heaven it was to build him a full rail 1911!

        Comment

        • #6
          Scratch705
          I need a LIFE!!
          • May 2009
          • 12537

          ok, once i get my carbine in hand, i'm going to take measurements and go from there with the suggestions provided above.

          i'll also ask around at the next match i attend to view their setups to see how I like it before i make the purchase.
          Originally posted by leelaw
          Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
          Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
          Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
          Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
          Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

          Comment

          • #7
            cindynles
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 2806

            I'm running an EoTech and Crimson Trace Green laser (same as the guy who wins PCC at all the So Cal matches).

            65 MOA ring is really fast on target.
            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." B.Franklin,1759

            Comment

            • #8
              rmatt
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2012
              • 1057

              Burris FF3 on a riser on my PCC. If I shot it in matches more seriously I'd add a green laser as well.
              Competition is where you find out you're slow, can't see well, are not accurate, have poor gun handling, can't visualize, have equipment that doesn't work and either accept it OR DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
              USPSA TY82278
              IDPA A54426

              Comment

              • #9
                someoneeasy
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2011
                • 2372



                OD Green 12 MOA for $194.20

                Not a bad price if you don't mind the color

                Comment

                • #10
                  BigBamBoo
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Apr 2008
                  • 5215

                  I have three PCC rigs. Two have Trijicon MRO's and one has a C-More Railway with 4 MOA dot.

                  I personally like the MRO's a bit better than the C-More. But that is just a personal preference.

                  PCC is a LOT of fun. With my aging eyes it has really allowed me to get back into the game.

                  I think you will enjoy PCC. Good luck on your search for a sight.

                  .
                  Bring hay for my horse....wine for my men....and mud for my turtle!

                  What do you hear ???...... Nothing but the rain. Well grab your gun and bring in the cat.

                  "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
                  - Sigmund Freud

                  Originally posted by ar15barrels
                  It makes it bigger and longer.

                  Comment

                  • #11
                    3GunFunShooter
                    In Memoriam
                    • Dec 2005
                    • 2408

                    Burris Fast Fire,
                    Green laser.
                    If you can't shoot good, at least look good shooting

                    Comment

                    • #12
                      Scratch705
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • May 2009
                      • 12537

                      Originally posted by someoneeasy
                      https://www.amazon.com/C-MORE-System...1_2?th=1&psc=1

                      OD Green 12 MOA for $194.20

                      Not a bad price if you don't mind the color
                      holy crap, nice find. but man what bad timing. just booked a carbine class.... ahhhhh
                      Originally posted by leelaw
                      Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
                      Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
                      Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
                      Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
                      Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1