Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

portable canopy/pop up

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dworth
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 60

    portable canopy/pop up

    I'm looking for a lightweight portable canopy relatively cheap to pack with me when I am shooting in the rain or very hot for shade. Prefer to be fully open, and don't need to be able to stand up under it. sitting or prone position is perfectly fine

    I stress light-weight!! I am carrying 300 plus rds and 2 rifles already, shooting mat, food and basic needs for cleaning etc...

    thank you in advance for your advice
  • #2
  • #3
    gringo m
    Member
    • Apr 2014
    • 328

    I stress light-weight!! I am carrying 300 plus rds and 2 rifles already, shooting mat, food and basic needs for cleaning etc...
    Are you on a bicycle? If that's heavy I can't help you.

    Comment

    • #4
      dwalker
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2014
      • 2714

      Best one I have found-

      McGuire Army Navy Surplus is a 3-generation purveyor of Genuine Issue and authentic replica Military gear, apparel and accessories. You will find the best prices anywhere on army surplus, outdoor and tactical gear. If you are looking for real military surplus - look no further. Shop for fastest service and best price.
      Fear is the spare change that will keep you broke

      Call him run-like-hell-when-shtf-guy or dial-911-guy but NEVER call an unarmed man "Security".

      Comment

      • #5
        jbarbettini
        Junior Member
        • Mar 2017
        • 14

        I can't find a better one for rain or shine. This canopy will cover you very well and the adjustable wall allows for extra shade even as the sun goes down. It also is great if the wind picks up while it is raining to provide a wall of protection. It's about the lightest you're gonna get unless you go with dwalker's suggestion.



        Canopy link found here.

        Comment

        • #6
          mrboma
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2008
          • 1307

          Versa-Brella

          I use this little guy:


          Clamped to the guy:


          Gives me a shady place to sit and load mags or grab a snack.
          Granted I only shoot pistol matches right now but the system has been working well for over a year and everything was sub $100.

          Regards,
          Mike
          Last edited by mrboma; 03-29-2017, 3:54 PM.

          Comment

          • #7
            someoneeasy
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2011
            • 2372

            Originally posted by mrboma
            I use this little guy:


            Clamped to the guy:


            Gives me a shady place to sit and load mags or grab a snack.
            Granted I only shoot pistol matches right now but the system has been working well for over a year and everything was sub $100.

            Regards,
            Mike
            Looks like this would work for rifle shooters too. Just clamp it to your rifle

            Comment

            • #8
              pointerman
              Member
              • Mar 2012
              • 369

              Buy a folding wagon from Costco (or Amazon), buy two hose clamps, a small section of thick black PVC pipe and a beach umbrella. Use the wagon to haul your stuff and pop the umbrella into the PVC that you attach to the wagon with the hose clamps. This is what I use for USPSA matches. Haul your wagon to the start position and provide some shade for the RO. They'll love you for it.

              Comment

              • #9
                Rogue187
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2007
                • 1157

                Get yourself an umbrella hat and you can still carry all your gear.

                Seriously... A high quality pop-up does have some weight. You will just have to make a couple of trips to shoot.
                If your trying to make it all in one trip you are in for a world of disappointment.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1