Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Pistol Class - RAIN! Suggestions?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PoorMan
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 793

    Pistol Class - RAIN! Suggestions?

    I'll be attending a pistol class soon and rain is in the forecast. We're shooting rain or shine. Anyone have any experience/suggestions/words of wisdom for shooting in the rain?

    And if anyone can recommend a good rain jacket, I'd appreciate that as well.
  • #2
    tanks
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2014
    • 4038

    I just take my hunting rain gear, then I am dry

    Suggest Big 5 or Bass Pro Shops or a similar store for the rain gear.
    "... when a man has shot an elephant his life is full"- John Alfred Jordan
    "A set of ivory tusks speaks of a life well lived." - Unknown

    Comment

    • #3
      dwalker
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2014
      • 2714

      Agree, I use my hunting rain gear and pack my all weather guns..
      Fear is the spare change that will keep you broke

      Call him run-like-hell-when-shtf-guy or dial-911-guy but NEVER call an unarmed man "Security".

      Comment

      • #4
        PolishMike
        Calguns Addict
        • Nov 2007
        • 6034



        Worth every penny. You will thank me when done.

        I've taken several classes in the rain with that jacket and it has performed much better than the 4 I tried before it (that cost more when added together).
        Artist formally known as CEO of Tracy Rifle and Pistol

        Comment

        • #5
          PoorMan
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2011
          • 793

          Originally posted by PolishMike
          https://www.tacticaldistributors.com...nt=35841428682

          Worth every penny. You will thank me when done.

          I've taken several classes in the rain with that jacket and it has performed much better than the 4 I tried before it (that cost more when added together).
          Wow. I'm sure it's great but way over my budget. I'm trying to keep it around $100

          Comment

          • #6
          • #7
            Jess-
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2016
            • 71

            what is the course of fire? will you be static or moving?

            Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

            Comment

            • #8
              dwalker
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2014
              • 2714

              Originally posted by PoorMan
              Wow. I'm sure it's great but way over my budget. I'm trying to keep it around $100
              I think my current rainsuit I got from the closeout rack at Sportsmans warehouse for about $40. Its been awesome.
              Fear is the spare change that will keep you broke

              Call him run-like-hell-when-shtf-guy or dial-911-guy but NEVER call an unarmed man "Security".

              Comment

              • #9
                Scratch705
                I need a LIFE!!
                • May 2009
                • 12537

                get rain coat, doesn't have to be tactical based. get a dedicated raincoat that you can wear over your jacket if need be and have it include a hood too so you don't have to worry about a cold/wet head.

                as for when it comes to the gun, make sure to bring a dry towel to wipe it down and clean/oil it right when you get home.
                Originally posted by leelaw
                Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
                Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
                Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
                Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
                Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

                Comment

                • #10
                  PoorMan
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2011
                  • 793

                  Originally posted by Jess-
                  what is the course of fire? will you be static or moving?

                  Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
                  I'll be moving.

                  Comment

                  • #11
                    PoorMan
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2011
                    • 793

                    Originally posted by Jess-
                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Cabelas-...item465fd34e05

                    Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
                    Awesome. Thanks!

                    Comment

                    • #12
                      rmatt
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2012
                      • 1057

                      To me, my base layer is more important than my coat. And my shoes/boots and socks when it's an all day rainy class. I'd much rather have a coat that doesn't get in the way of drawing my pistola.

                      -multiple pairs of socks to change during lunch.
                      -rainx or anti fog treatment on my glasses or eye pro.
                      -hand warmers
                      -pro grip
                      -separate plastic bags for mags. 1 to clean them in and one to store them in after cleaned.
                      -snacks that are good in wet weather ie not crackers. for caloric heat and personal comfort.
                      -shower cap to put over my gun while in my holster and just waiting
                      -multiple hats so that i am not wearing something wet on my head for 8 hours.
                      Competition is where you find out you're slow, can't see well, are not accurate, have poor gun handling, can't visualize, have equipment that doesn't work and either accept it OR DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
                      USPSA TY82278
                      IDPA A54426

                      Comment

                      • #13
                        liuk3
                        Junior Member
                        • Jul 2016
                        • 73

                        Seems like good practice to train in inclement weather. Have fun.

                        Comment

                        • #14
                          SantaCabinetguy
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Feb 2011
                          • 15142

                          Gortex if you can find it. When you get wet, you'll get cold, and once you get your fingers cold, shooting loses the fun factor ... unless your class is in Florida or something where it'll be 80 degrees
                          Hauoli Makahiki Hou


                          -------

                          Comment

                          • #15
                            Formerlyknownas
                            Member
                            • Jul 2013
                            • 214

                            Have fun!!!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1