Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Trigger for your XD?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Zspicy
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2014
    • 83

    Trigger for your XD?

    So birthday is coming up, I have a xd tactical I use for competing currently. I'm looking at upgrading the trigger and could use some input. Anybody have experience or recommendations for anything? I've looked into Springer precision and Powder river precision, about the same price, seem to do the same thing. Any input is appreciated.
  • #2
    10rounds
    CGSSA Associate
    • Jun 2007
    • 421

    Not for competition but I had the Carry Package done by Springfield Custom a few years ago. Springfield also do the competition jobs. Never liked the stock trigger on the XD45. Enjoy shooting the XD45 after the trigger job.
    NRA Life, GOA Life, SAF Life, CRPA

    Comment

    • #3
      Gringo Bandito
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2006
      • 1835

      Originally posted by Zspicy
      So birthday is coming up, I have a xd tactical I use for competing currently. I'm looking at upgrading the trigger and could use some input. Anybody have experience or recommendations for anything? I've looked into Springer precision and Powder river precision, about the same price, seem to do the same thing. Any input is appreciated.
      I did the PRP trigger on my XMD and I liked it but it is not as good as a trigger done by Springer. They do great competition triggers IMO.

      Comment

      • #4
        Divehobo
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2010
        • 1271

        I can only speak for PR. Powder River Competition trigger is an easy install, improves pull weight and trigger reset. Springfield uses the Powder River Trigger as factory equipment in its 5.25" XD(m) Comp series pistols.



        "Our trigger is a Springfield Armory OEM part available on several production XD and XDM pistols from the factory. Springfield part #'s:
        XCM9131 "XDM custom competition model"
        XC9131 "XD custom competition model"
        XCM9121 "XDM production""
        NRA Pistol, Rifle, CCW and Metallic Reloading instructor

        Comment

        • #5
          Whiskey_Tango
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2014
          • 1588

          PRP seems to be the standard go to. I put a springer precision kit in my xd tactical that I'm pretty happy with. Fitting the trigger bar is a PITA, but if done right you can nearly eliminate over travel. I will probably try a PRP in one of my other XD's though.

          Comment

          • #6
            Zspicy
            Junior Member
            • Sep 2014
            • 83

            Originally posted by Gringo Bandito
            I did the PRP trigger on my XMD and I liked it but it is not as good as a trigger done by Springer. They do great competition triggers IMO.
            So you sent the whole gun and had it installed by springer?

            Comment

            • #7
              Gringo Bandito
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2006
              • 1835

              Originally posted by Zspicy
              So you sent the whole gun and had it installed by springer?
              I did the PRP trigger myself and yes, it is a good competition trigger. I had found that after about 2-3000 rounds, I started getting light primer strikes. Normally, you can just replace the springs but I had a hard time getting PRP to answer the phone and direct me toward purchasing the right replacement springs. I ended up ordering a replacement spring kit but it was very difficult to determine what was for competition. After guessing on the springs, I ended up with a heavier trigger and am not too happy about it.

              That being said, if I could find the right springs to replace the ones I shot out, I would be a happy customer again.

              Comment

              • #8
                jdoezha
                Member
                • May 2009
                • 227

                Sent mine in to Springer for a 3lb w over travel stop on the back end of the shoe. Thing breaks like glass. It's not 1911 clean but it's dam close for a Tupperware piece!

                Comment

                • #9
                  Bad Habits
                  Junior Member
                  • Oct 2015
                  • 3

                  I did a PRP ultimate match trigger kit on my XDM 525 and it is a huge difference from the stock trigger, and the stock one wasn't that bad either.

                  I want to do another trigger kit on my XD9 as that one feels like mush compared to the PRP 525, but I use the XD9 as a CCW and do not want to make it too nice that I won't want to carry it. For that reason, I don't mind a trigger that takes a little more dedication to make it go bang.

                  The PRP does take a little bit of reading, and a bit of youtubing, but if you can handle the do-it-yourself kinda stuff, it wasn't that hard. And once you're done, you really know how to strip and assemble your pistol. Just do a little bit at a time until it feels great, then stop. You'll like it

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Gryff
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • May 2006
                    • 12693

                    I had Canyon Creek do the triggers in my XD9 Tacticals. Great triggers on both of them.

                    I put a PRP Ultimate Match Target Trigger Kit into my XD45 Tactical. Half the cost and got me to 85-90% of the feel of a full-blown trigger job by a gunsmith.
                    My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Zspicy
                      Junior Member
                      • Sep 2014
                      • 83

                      Thanks for all the input guys, gonna go with the PRP.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        DRoberts12345
                        Member
                        • Jan 2011
                        • 477

                        My xd9 has a Powder River and I love it.
                        My worst day shooting is better than my best day at work.

                        The power of Gun free Zones https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=hnBWa_xJz6A


                        In California we're called "Wacko right-wing gun toting nut jobs with an arsenal" most other states just call us People.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          pmrsino
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 634

                          PRP.
                          Its an easy drop in.
                          You may have to do some filing of the overtravel stop but its an easy work.
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            vinconco
                            Member
                            • Jun 2015
                            • 448

                            I did the PRP on my competition XDM 9mm. Big improvement over the stock trigger. Some fitting required and a little pricey I thought @ 135.00 for the parts kit.
                            HANG FAST TARGETS

                            THE MOST INNOVATIVE TARGET SOLUTION ON THE MARKET

                            SIMPLE = AFFORDABLE


                            sigpic

                            10% off to Calgunners !! Use code: CALGUNS10
                            www.hangfasttargets.com

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              kriller134
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2011
                              • 1302

                              Originally posted by 10rounds
                              Not for competition but I had the Carry Package done by Springfield Custom a few years ago. Springfield also do the competition jobs. Never liked the stock trigger on the XD45. Enjoy shooting the XD45 after the trigger job.
                              How did it turn out? I plan on sending my xd to them for the same package. Would you do it again?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1