Hi all, I'm hoping to run my first 3-gun or rifle match this year and I have a 2-7 power scope on my rifle and wanted to get an opinion if that is ok to run or if I should go open sights or look into a new scope.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
2-7 scope on rifle
Collapse
X
-
You could run it, and get some offset irons for the close stuff and be in tactical. You could run an offset small RDS and run in open also. I wouldn't just run it by itself, the 2X would slow you down on the close stuff. When you have multiple close targets in the same area it can get confusing trying to pick out targets with much magnification. I personally run a 1-4X, many are going to the 1-6X. -
You would generally want to use a variable scope with a true 1 power for 3 gun. You will see a mixture of targets from just a few yards away to targets hundreds of yards away. The 2x power of your scope will make it very hard to clearly see close in targets putting you at a serious disadvantage unless you are running a secondary short range sighting system.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,337
Posts: 25,147,027
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,484
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 27984 users online. 142 members and 27842 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment