The site says I have to modify my holster; however, the site itself does not elude to how much modification I need to do, and finding posts about it are even more elusive. So if anyone has any experience/advice/alternatives, I'm all ears.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
thumb rest
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
What's it for?NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor: Pistol - Rifle - Shotgun - PPITH - PPOTH - NRA Certified RSO
WTB the following - in San Diego
--Steyr M357A1 357SIG
--Five Seven IOM (round trigger guard)
Never forget - השואה... לעולם לא עוד. -
The weight helps with managing recoil and muzzle flip. The thumb rest is just that. I have a thumb rest only on one of my STI's that I like a lot."Hence it happened that all the armed prophets conquered, all the unarmed perished." - Niccolo MachiavelliComment
-
Not worth it, spend the money on lightening the slide and add more weight to the grip(in magwell) If you want the weight of a steel gun, shoot a steel gun.
The thumb rest alone however, isn't bad, sjc and a couple other companies sell a thumb rest and even a larger gas pedal that you may like, depends on your grip really, and personal preference of course, I personally get no benefit from one, I guess I have a funky grip cause it seems like every time I shoot someone's gun with a thumb rest it's kinda in the way. The benefit of course is you can apply constant forward downward pressure to compensate for recoil, so it's definately popular.
I vote no on the weight though. Here's my glock limited rig

No thumb rest, and with lightened slide the reciprocating mass feels like a 17/22 size slide, (I also have the coffin top enlarged to reduce weight, not visable in pic) this helps a lot with the felt recoilLast edited by MAD SVT; 07-12-2015, 11:27 PM.sigpic
Anything worth doing...... is worth Overdoing
Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,522
Posts: 25,148,595
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 14601 users online. 136 members and 14465 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment