Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Front Sight doesn't keep it's promises

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Co Th G
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2013
    • 89

    Front Sight doesn't keep it's promises

    My wife and I purchased an "Elite" membership package which was to include being given a fully-auto AR-15, which is legally-owned in one of the states where my wife and I live. However, because it is a problem in California (where we were living seasonally at the time we registered to purchase the membership), Front Sight chose to refuse giving both my wife and I a semi-auto version in lieu of the fully auto version, which we reasonably suggested. In other words, they refused to live up to their promise made for the memberships we purchased.

    When we took it upon ourselves to show up at Front Sight's headquarters, we found that we were suddenly shut-out of everything. Every pistol and rifle class we registered for, we learned, were full. No matter how far in advance we registered for training, our registration either got lost or was never processed. In the past 7 years, we haven't been able to attend a single training course at Front Sight. Oh, they're very apologetic about it. "We must have lost your registration," even though the registration was submitted electronically -- and acknowledged by Johnathan.

    They promised to resolve the conflict. In all the years since, despite our pleasant, non-threatening attempts to resolve this, Front Sight has simply refused to even acknowledge their still-pending debt to us. Or allowed us to attend a single training course. And we've never once raised the threat of legal action, which our attorneys would love prosecuting.

    While some of the training is 5-star in nature, it is not the best available by a long shot. No pun intended. There are dozens of schools out there that have better training for one course or another (rifle, pistol, etc), for a considerable sum less, that are far better than Front Sight.

    The student facilities, which since the Front Sight has been established, are crude and deserve at best 2 stars.

    The training days are long and arduous, especially with the elevation, heat, and dry desert air. There are some amenities there but not nearly enough. Be prepared to be subjected to brutal heat, guaranteed to sweat off 10-20 pounds after 4-5 days of training: having a few sodas in a cooler isn't going to hack it..

    If you're going to attend the courses, it shows that you're smart. If you buy a membership package, you'll regret it. Over 70 people who have attended Front Sight courses because of certificates I've given them have become members, and most of them regret spending the money.

    When I joined Front Sight, there were promises of housing and condos to come, a destination resort promised to people offered memberships. That was long, long ago: Promises made which proved disingenuous, or less than honest. Having purchased an "Elite" membership here, I've found, was like being sold a much-discounted First Class ticket boatside on the Titanic, minutes after it hit the iceberg. Helluva deal, but for how long?

    Have your mind open and your billfold closed
  • #2
    teg33
    Veteran Member
    • May 2013
    • 3441

    Wow, thanks to let us know

    Comment

    • #3
      beanz2
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Nov 2008
      • 12032

      Originally posted by Co Th G
      My wife and I purchased an "Elite" membership package which was to include being given a fully-auto AR-15, which is legally-owned in one of the states where my wife and I live. However, because it is a problem in California (where we were living seasonally at the time we registered to purchase the membership), Front Sight chose to refuse giving both my wife and I a semi-auto version in lieu of the fully auto version, which we reasonably suggested. In other words, they refused to live up to their promise made for the memberships we purchased.

      When we took it upon ourselves to show up at Front Sight's headquarters, we found that we were suddenly shut-out of everything. Every pistol and rifle class we registered for, we learned, were full. No matter how far in advance we registered for training, our registration either got lost or was never processed. In the past 7 years, we haven't been able to attend a single training course at Front Sight. Oh, they're very apologetic about it. "We must have lost your registration," even though the registration was submitted electronically -- and acknowledged by Johnathan.

      They promised to resolve the conflict. In all the years since, despite our pleasant, non-threatening attempts to resolve this, Front Sight has simply refused to even acknowledge their still-pending debt to us. Or allowed us to attend a single training course. And we've never once raised the threat of legal action, which our attorneys would love prosecuting.

      While some of the training is 5-star in nature, it is not the best available by a long shot. No pun intended. There are dozens of schools out there that have better training for one course or another (rifle, pistol, etc), for a considerable sum less, that are far better than Front Sight.

      The student facilities, which since the Front Sight has been established, are crude and deserve at best 2 stars.

      The training days are long and arduous, especially with the elevation, heat, and dry desert air. There are some amenities there but not nearly enough. Be prepared to be subjected to brutal heat, guaranteed to sweat off 10-20 pounds after 4-5 days of training: having a few sodas in a cooler isn't going to hack it..

      If you're going to attend the courses, it shows that you're smart. If you buy a membership package, you'll regret it. Over 70 people who have attended Front Sight courses because of certificates I've given them have become members, and most of them regret spending the money.

      When I joined Front Sight, there were promises of housing and condos to come, a destination resort promised to people offered memberships. That was long, long ago: Promises made which proved disingenuous, or less than honest. Having purchased an "Elite" membership here, I've found, was like being sold a much-discounted First Class ticket boatside on the Titanic, minutes after it hit the iceberg. Helluva deal, but for how long?

      Have your mind open and your billfold closed
      Wow, fully-auto AR-15??? Not familiar with the Stoner rifle, but does the AR come as select fire?

      Wish I can see the original offer. I tried to find an old website on the Elite membership, but I can't find it. What year was it from?
      sigpic
      The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.

      Comment

      • #4
        SuperSet
        Calguns Addict
        • Feb 2007
        • 9048

        This sub forum is going to be completely taken over by Front Sight threads soon.

        Comment

        • #5
          Garv the innocent
          RSG Minion, Senior
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Apr 2014
          • 9075

          Good to know.
          You are extremely patient.

          Why have you not lawyered up yet?
          Maybe just a letter from your lawyer warning them that you would like things fixed instead of going to court if possible?
          By now, probably a fair refund?

          Good luck.
          Originally posted by Kestryll:
          It never fails to amuse me how people get outraged but fail to tell the whole story in their rants....

          Comment

          • #6
            beanz2
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Nov 2008
            • 12032

            Originally posted by SuperSet
            This sub forum is going to be completely taken over by Front Sight threads soon.
            I saw that too LOL. Hot topics come and go, like how the Handgun subforum was taken over by SSE threads at the end of last year, and how AK topics took over Semiauto Centerfire Rifles at the start of this year.
            sigpic
            The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.

            Comment

            • #7
              dbfirearms
              Member
              • Apr 2015
              • 117

              I have never heard of someone having these kind of membership issues with Front Sight, every time I have talked with them on the phone or email they have been very helpful in helping me.
              Sapper



              http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/member.php?u=211519 PM me for your Front Sight membership needs!

              Comment

              • #8
                ZombieTactics
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2010
                • 3691

                Unless there is something in the way of actual evidence, I'm calling BS on the OP.
                |
                sigpic
                I don't pretend to be an "authority." I'm just a guy who trains a lot, shoots a lot and has a perspective.

                Check the ZombieTactics Channel on YouTube for all sorts of gun-related goodness CLICK HERE

                Comment

                • #9
                  Blackhorse2010
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2013
                  • 699

                  Originally posted by beanz2
                  Wow, fully-auto AR-15??? Not familiar with the Stoner rifle, but does the AR come as select fire?

                  Wish I can see the original offer. I tried to find an old website on the Elite membership, but I can't find it. What year was it from?
                  More likely an AR-15 and some certificates to shoot the full-auto guns on Range 2.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    DSMeyer
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2013
                    • 2689

                    I've never heard of the elite membership. Just the original three bronze, silver and gold, each of these had a color coordinated card gold membership=gold card. Then came the diamond membership.
                    Let alone have never seen Frontsight offer a NFA rifle.
                    I too call BS! This azzhat is just stirring the pot.
                    We'll just give them the 'ol number 6.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      350skylark
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2012
                      • 1129

                      Originally posted by ZombieTactics
                      Unless there is something in the way of actual evidence, I'm calling BS on the OP.
                      Yep.
                      Selling lots of Pistol brass, lots of 38 and 44 mag!
                      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...4#post15935994

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Sleighter
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 2011
                        • 3624

                        The OP has come and gone in all the other frontsight threads with his views, but never any evidence.

                        My favorite part of his post above though is how he says that he's never attended frontsight, but then he goes on to discuss the amenities and shooting instruction offered there. Good times.
                        If you are wondering if you can get a LTC in Riverside County: THE ANSWER IS YES!

                        Join the discussion at:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          BeFrank
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2013
                          • 594

                          Originally posted by Sleighter
                          The OP has come and gone in all the other frontsight threads with his views, but never any evidence.

                          My favorite part of his post above though is how he says that he's never attended frontsight, but then he goes on to discuss the amenities and shooting instruction offered there. Good times.
                          I'm looking forward to going one of these days when time permits , but the marketing does have a certain pyramid scheme feel to it.
                          I think the OP implied that he took individual courses there but hasn't been able to attend since he bought his membership.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            beanz2
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 12032

                            There was a reference to Diamond Elite membership, but I can't find any more references to it.


                            Too bad, I would have jumped at the deal if FS had instead offered a "fully-auto" AK74 signed by Mikhail Kalashnikov himself:
                            sigpic
                            The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              gesundheit
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2011
                              • 1147

                              OP, don't you think it is about time you change your profile picture?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1