Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Looking for a readily available 9mm powder

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 5akman
    Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 179

    Looking for a readily available 9mm powder

    Just about out of my last pound of Unique and am having trouble finding more. I load 115gr Xtreme with 5.2 gr of Unique for a decent indoor range paper slayer round.

    Since Unique appears to be somewhat difficult to find (at least here in the Chico area) what other powders might I check into that are more readily available?

    I'll also be loading .223 and .308 in the near future so if there is a dual purpose powder, that would be great.

    Thanks!
  • #2
    MR_X
    Member
    • Jul 2013
    • 424

    Best bet is to look at your reloading data and see what you can find. Don't know if there is any data for 700x-800x but those are always easy to find.

    Comment

    • #3
      mulyhuntr
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2013
      • 786

      Power pistol

      Comment

      • #4
        bigbossman
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Dec 2012
        • 11280

        700x
        Always looking for vintage Winchester and Marlin lever action rifles. Looking to sell? Know of one for sale? Drop me a line!

        "Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."

        Comment

        • #5
          AGunNut2
          Junior Member
          • Dec 2014
          • 87

          Cabelas, Recob's has Unique.
          Other than the massive popularity of the 9mm Parabellum round, the metric system never really caught on here...

          Comment

          • #6
            rsrocket1
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2010
            • 2772

            800X if you can find it. It is not a very good metering powder (think corn flakes), but it works great in 9mm. You may have to hand measure each round or settle for +/- several tenths of a grain, but if it's the only powder on the shelf, it will certainly perform well.

            Comment

            • #7
              Pauliedad
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Dec 2012
              • 2095

              Tightgroup.

              Comment

              • #8
                Carsgunsandchics
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2009
                • 3537

                I've been seeing HS-6, and LongShot recently. And the LongShot has been in 1lb,4lb and 8lb jugs.
                Originally posted by fighterpilot562
                I am more of a sucker than a blower...

                Comment

                • #9
                  MrElectric03
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2010
                  • 1590

                  I'm going through my last of PB for 9mm, after that I'll be back to 800X. As for finding powder keep an eye on the classifieds here, lots of powder coming up you just at have to drive a bit to get some. Beats an online hazmat fee.
                  Originally posted by ar15barrels
                  So you are throwing out 95% of reality to select the 5% of reality where you are actually right?
                  We must be on calguns...

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Grampz
                    Member
                    • Jan 2010
                    • 378

                    My neighbor loads 9mm with Win WSF.
                    They say nothing is impossible. Well heck! I do the impossible everyday...

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Carcassonne
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 2012
                      • 4897

                      Cabela's has HP38



                      .
                      Be sure to ask your doctor if depression, rectal bleeding, and suicide are right for you.

                      In the United States a person's expertise on a subject is inversely proportional to their knowledge of the subject: The less they know about something, the more they become an expert on it.

                      I am being held hostage in a giant insane asylum called Earth.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Yreka
                        Member
                        • Feb 2014
                        • 316

                        Here is 8lbs of Power Pistol in the SAC area:



                        Little drive, but maybe the seller can meet you in North Sac + you can hit all the other shops down there on the way

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          TomReloaded
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2013
                          • 1637

                          You can use basically any pistol or shotgun powder on the shelf. I google published load data at the store and buy any powder with available published loads.

                          Theres so many good powders out there that theres no reason to hunt a specific one out and passing on stuff on the shelf.

                          I really liked wst, but its impossible to get local so i moved on. Power pistol meters great and is fun if you like loud and strong!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            HickFu
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2014
                            • 76

                            Ventura Gun show today had all sorts of pistol powders.. I picked up some HP-38, W231 and now I am done looking for any powders... I think the guy had Unique as well but I picked up a few pounds in Oregon while on my way back here..


                            Lord, make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who seek to destroy me, grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine, let not my last thought be - 'If I only had my gun'- and Lord if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in a pile of warm brass,
                            Amen

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              ragen1
                              Junior Member
                              • Feb 2014
                              • 15

                              Yeah I saw the 8#er of 231 there today also, I think it was $189.00. I picked up a pound of Varget . I'm glad I took the drive.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1