Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CFE223 experience?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Fjold
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Oct 2005
    • 23060

    CFE223 experience?

    Has anyone had any experience with this powder? Does it meet the velocities that Hodgdon publishes?

    Hodgdon just listed some killer loads for light bullets in the 375H&H with this powder so I'd like to see if it meets anyone's expectations in other chamberings.
    Frank

    One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375




    Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF
  • #2
    JMP
    Internet Warrior
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Feb 2012
    • 17056

    I have been using it for .223 since it meters well in a progressive. It definitely delivers exceptional velocity, but it's not nearly as consistent as a stick. I have a pretty large ES (even in relation to other sphericals), but I am not that anal when loading .223.

    Comment

    • #3
      bsumoba
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2012
      • 4217

      ^ +1

      Same experiences here, although I had decent ES for it being ball powder (20ish ES) I use it in my wife's M&P15 Sport with 77gr pills and its a slow mover, but that thing shoots bugholes at 100 yards and my wife loves it!
      Visit- www.barrelcool.com
      The Original Chamber Flag and Barrel Cooler in 1
      Instagram: barrelcool_

      Comment

      • #4
        Divernhunter
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2010
        • 8753

        I have a 7-08 load that is excellent both in speed and accuracy. I have others to test if I can get out to the range.
        A 30cal will reach out and touch them. A 50cal will kick their butt.
        NRA Life Member, NRA certified RSO & Basic Pistol Instructor, Hunter, shooter, reloader
        SCI, Manteca Sportsmen Club, Coalinga Rifle Club, Escalon Sportsmans Club, Waterford Sportsman Club & NAHA Member, Madison Society member

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1